✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Official Tennis Thread

rudy_o

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and hope nadal-the-no.1-with-his-crappy-new-look wins this year, and nole is eliminated in early rounds:D:D:D

:inquisitive: What?? He would defend the title, Ed! :dozey:

Hope to see Jankovic wins her first grand slam in Melbourne! :D

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA

Australia’s newest Davis Cup player Carsten Ball and Australian Open 2008 Junior finalist Jessica Moore have been awarded main draw wildcards into Australian Open 2009.

Ranked world No.200, the highlight of 2008 for Ball was his Davis Cup debut in Chile when he teamed with Chris Guccione to win the doubles rubber over highly-fancied Fernando Gonzalez and Nicolas Massu in an epic five-set match.

DOHA, QATAR

Frenchman Gael Monfils pulled off a stunning upset at the Qatar Open, beating world No.1 Rafael Nadal in the quarterfinals 6-4 6-4.

Nadal dismissed suggestions that this loss, and his finals lost to Andy Murray at an exhibition the previous week in Abu Dhabi, had damaged his confidence heading to Melbourne for the Australian Open.

b_monfils_090109.jpg

DOHA, QATAR

World No. 2 Roger Federer came through a testing encounter with German Philipp Kohlschreiber to prevail 6-2, 7-6(6) and reach the semi-finals. In the semi-finals Federer will face third seed Andy Murray, who broke serve five times as he cruised past Ukrainian Sergiy Stakhovsky 6-4, 6-2.

HEAD-TO-HEAD

Murray leads Federer, 4-2

Nice to see Roddick in another final. I saw him and Serena in person at an exhibition here in Knoxville. He was hilarious, the way he interacted with the crowd. Plus he did some brilliant impressions of Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi, Rafael Nadal, John McEnroe, Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams.

Well Murray did good today. The back injury didn't give me any trouble in the final. I hope he's still got plenty of fight and power in him for the Aussie Open - it's all very well beating the top three on the tour but he's got to beat them in the slams too. I'm looking forward to the Aussie Open, even tho none of it'll be on telly here :(

Nice to see Roddick in another final. I saw him and Serena in person at an exhibition here in Knoxville. He was hilarious, the way he interacted with the crowd. Plus he did some brilliant impressions of Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi, Rafael Nadal, John McEnroe, Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams.

Well it wouldn't be hard for him to impersonate Serena, as "she" is a man!!:rolleyes:

He was completely outclassed by Murray, though, as was Fed in the end.:smug: