🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

23-Mar-09: Singapore Indoor Stadium, Singapore - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Phot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh ooh, anybody saw several girls and a guy wearing white shirts with backs saying roadie no. 44 to 47 or something like that? They sat a row in front of me

yeah i did! i was just 2 rows up haha quite cute la they

Oh btw, did anybody manage to do a audio recording of the show?

me! :dance::dance::dance::dance: (sorry can't resist, i have really sucky pictures/vids lol) i'm trying to figure out how to cut/seperate them into individual songs though...

had a fantastic night, so super high man! thought i should share some of what i shot last night! err for more :

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=73646&id=528167676

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=73638&id=528167676

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=73632&id=528167676

tangy, u've got the most amazing photos!!

those are just too wonderful :shocked2::shocked2:

300mm i am very kia su man but only because its coldplay haha, i like your shots very much, wide angle?

No actually I was using my 50mm prime. Was seated quite far away so it became "wide angle" haha! I was considering bringing in my longer lens but was worried that security will stop me. Rather have a camera with short lens than no camera at all!

I'm dog tired. I came back on Tuesday, and started viewing through my pix and vids and uploading them. By the time I'd finished, it's midnight. Daymm. not a single chance to revise cos I've tests this two days! Sh--! I'm bound to fail. But it's worth all the trouble flying to SG. Despite all the mishaps I had on the road, I like travelling. I actually missed the lovely hostel I had stayed. :P

I was at the stadium twice. Once at 11am to collect my ticket and scouted around the venue to get myself familiar with surrouding. Another at 6pm when I arrived.

tangygoh, which row at T04 did you sit?

I miss this whole thing! Wish could turn back time! That was one hell of a memory, everybody!

From The Straits Times today :D

Coldplay fever

Fans could not get enough of the rockers who belted out two hours of their hits and more

British alternative rock band Coldplay played a highlight-packed concert at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on Monday. For nearly two hours, the quartet wowed the sell-out crowd of more than 10,000 with a mix of chart-topping tracks, feel-good soft rock numbers and emotive ballads.

The turnout was one of the largest for a concert here, just a little short of the 11,000-strong crowd at rock band The Police's concert last year.

American indie rock band Mercury Rev opened the gig at about 8.15pm. Coldplay made their screaming fans, who ran the gamut from teenagers to those in their 50s, wait - starting their concert more than an hour later at 9.15pm.

When they finally came on, They kicked off the show with Life in Technicolor from their latest album Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends (2008).

Chris Martin and gang, who were dressed in black, red and white, showed up on stage with sparklers. The excited fans were up on their feet immediately.

A born showman, he charmed the crowd effortlessly as he pranced around on stage with his bandmates or settled down to work his magic on the piano.

The group made full use of the two catwalks protruding from the two ends of the stage and stretching into the first few rows of the seats. During songs such as In My Place and God Put a Smile Upon Your Face, they went down the catwalk, driving fans into a picture-taking frenzy with explosions of camera flashes.

The band also ensured that they covered all sides of the stage to acknowledge fans, with Martin pleasing the cheering crowd with declarations such as 'It's crazy to be here with 10,000 other people and we're really grateful'.

Besides belting out popular tracks such as Viva la Vida and Lost! from their latest album, the British rockers, who last performed here in 2006, also sang old hits like Clocks and Yellow, which had the audience singing loudly along. Martin's moving renditions of slow songs Fix You and The Hardest Part brought tears to the eyes of several fans in the crowd.

Coldplay know how to reach out to their fans in more ways than one. Halfway into the show, they threaded their way to the back of the stadium and sang several songs such as Speed of Sound unplugeed amid the audience. The lucky fans there danced, screamed and reached out to touch the band members.

After the intimate segment, the band initiated a 'Mexican phone wave' by asking everyone to do a wave with the lights from their mobile phones, creating a beautiful dancing sea of lights in the dark.

The show was not short of special effects either. Six huge light orbs hung from the ceiling above the stage and around the stadium, on which was projected close-ups of the band. Besides the usual light and laser shows, giant yellow balloons were passed around the audience when the band played Yellow.

After the finale performance of Death and All His Friends, the band returned with an encore of two songs, including a hot favourite, The Scientist.

All in all, it was a power-packed concert that left happy fans wanting more.

Jocelyn Lee

March 25 2009 Wednesday