🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Gliz, Jiggs, LUSH, Glowing, Mars, Zoo, Dawcy, Maky, Caro and CRESTY need a place to talk! But EVERYO

ImLovingGuyBerryman

You Americans have weird homework :lol:

:lol: It's my term paper for history class. We have to write about anything in US history before 1990, and since I hate US history but adore European history and all kinds of philosophy, I came up with a topic that let me write about both :P

edit: WAIT, there's a character on Lost named John Locke?! And a character named Rousseau?! *has to watch Lost again now* :stunned:

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• In a telescope lens

• notlost92

• Crests

• ImLovingGuyBerryman

Well it used to be Locke, Montesquieu, Hume, and Rousseau, and their influence on a lot of Founding Fathers, but I had to cut it down A LOT. So now it's just Locke's influence on those two :P And sure, but the final draft won't be done for a couple of weeks! :)

:embarassed: I watched it when it first started, but I started missing episodes and couldn't catch up, so I gave it up :\ What does Locke have to do with Lost?

I'm sure you'll do just fine on the paper. Anyways, it is always better to have a broad topic and then start narrowing it down so you can concentrate on a smaller area.

John Locke....well, look at the character that is on the show and see if you can compare the real John Locke and his philosophy to what the character on the show is doing.

That's interesting. My name is Milica, nice to meet you :)

Well, I'm Tracylynn but you can call me Tracy. Nice to meet you too.

:lol: It's my term paper for history class. We have to write about anything in US history before 1990, and since I hate US history but adore European history and all kinds of philosophy, I came up with a topic that let me write about both :P

edit: WAIT, there's a character on Lost named John Locke?! And a character named Rousseau?! *has to watch Lost again now* :stunned:

Why didn't write about the American Revloution's influence on the French Revolution or it's influence on world ideology?

Yeah, John Locke is one of the major characters on the show. Rousseau got killed last season but she (yes, the character was a woman) was not that major of the show.

Well, I'm Tracylynn but you can call me Tracy. Nice to meet you too.

Why didn't write about the American Revloution's influence on the French Revolution or it's influence on world ideology?

Yeah, John Locke is one of the major characters on the show. Rousseau got killed last season but she (yes, the character was a woman) was not that major of the show.

Well I've always loved reading Enlightenment philosophy and I really like Locke, so I figured that I'd write about that! After Classical philosophers like Aristotle, etc, Enlightenment philosophers are my favorite :wacky:

And that's so awesome! Is Locke all into them creating a civil society on the island to protect their property, cause then I'd totally watch all of it :P

Well I've always loved reading Enlightenment philosophy and I really like Locke, so I figured that I'd write about that! After Classical philosophers like Aristotle, etc, Enlightenment philosophers are my favorite :wacky:

And that's so awesome! Is Locke all into them creating a civil society on the island to protect their property, cause then I'd totally watch all of it :P

Well, if you've missed any of the episodes then you need to start all over and watch them all so you know what is going on and what has happened. But, yes, he's now the one who's trying to save the island. Like I said, you really have to watch all the episodes to know exactly what John Locke has gone through and why he's considered to be "the savior" of the island.

Well, if you've missed any of the episodes then you need to start all over and watch them all so you know what is going on and what has happened. But, yes, he's now the one who's trying to save the island. Like I said, you really have to watch all the episodes to know exactly what John Locke has gone through and why he's considered to be "the savior" of the island.

That's really cool... There's a class at my school called "Lost and Philosophy" where they watch Lost and discuss the philosophical aspects of it... I guess I know what they talk about in that class now!

ive never been here before. what is this place?

Hey! Welcome! :)

It was nice talking to you, but I have to go. It's time for Easter dinner but I'll be back.

:)

See you later then! :)