✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

1-Aug-2009: Osheaga festival, Montreal, Canada - Tickets, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the suggestions about the vip tickets guys! i actually realized that my brother's wedding is the sunday (haha, Aug 2). For a second there I had a mini heart attack...thought I'd have to miss coldplay!

Osheaga tickets dont sell out do they? I remember buying them super late two summers ago and was fine. I don't have to buy soon do I? (financial situation is a bit better next week)

thanks

• 2 months later...

I am going to this festival to catch Coldplay! So excited!!

I am only going to be in Montreal for (unfortunately) 8ish hours, just to see them! And it'll be some of the best hours of my life!

Any tips for first time festival goers?

I am coming too! Et je ne peux pas attendre..

For me it'll be my first time as well. I don't know 'bout you guys but the fact that there's gonna be all those random bands (no offense) before them just bugs me a lot. :\

osheaga is great--i think the fact that there are so many different stages and bands to check out is awesome! i say enjoy the day, check out as many musical acts as you can (see who's playing and maybe find out before hand if they're your type of music) and have fun until coldplay comes on.

i wonder if coldplay fans will be staking out the stage they're on the whole day? i intend on seeing lots of acts and then making my way to their stage before they come on...how early is everyone going to be waiting at their stage?

osheaga is great--i think the fact that there are so many different stages and bands to check out is awesome! i say enjoy the day, check out as many musical acts as you can (see who's playing and maybe find out before hand if they're your type of music) and have fun until coldplay comes on.

i wonder if coldplay fans will be staking out the stage they're on the whole day? i intend on seeing lots of acts and then making my way to their stage before they come on...how early is everyone going to be waiting at their stage?

That's what i'm wondering too... this may be the only time i'll be able to see them front stage so i may wait all day at their stage... but we'll see...

The best thing would be that all the bands i'd like to see play on the same stage :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure the set will be starting at 9h30pm til 11pm.

What u have to do is .... show up at the stage around 8h15pm and fight against the crown until you move close to the stage (which is always possible when it is GA)

If fuckers tell you " wtf u r doing... u block my view" Just reply that you have not bought the place u r standing

end of

Have a good day

:)

What u have to do is .... show up at the stage around 8h15pm and fight against the crown until you move close to the stage (which is always possible when it is GA)

If fuckers tell you " wtf u r doing... u block my view" Just reply that you have not bought the place u r standing

end of

Have a good day

I think I shall use that one ;) Although I hope that I get close close CLOSE to the stage! But I know I'll be friendly about it, knowing that fellow Coldplayers will be in the crowd :)

another question! have you guys all gotten your tickets already? osheaga tickets dont...sell out do they? i was thinking of just buying them when i get there since i'm from out of town, but if they might get sold out, i'll get them soon. any suggestions?

I'm pretty sure the set will be starting at 9h30pm til 11pm.

end of

Have a good day

Haha that's a good point :P

another question! have you guys all gotten your tickets already? osheaga tickets dont...sell out do they? i was thinking of just buying them when i get there since i'm from out of town, but if they might get sold out, i'll get them soon. any suggestions?

I just got mine the other day :)...I feel as though they won't sell out. Just a hunch.

Since the boys are on last, how do you recommend we do this (to get better seats)?

There's nothing from 7:30 until 9:15 (when Coldplay is on).

When should I show up and how to get a good view? :p

Just sit there a while in advance and you should be fine.That's what I'm gonna do.It's easy to get to the front at Osheaga as long as you just stand there while all the other people watch other shows