✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

1-Aug-2009: Osheaga festival, Montreal, Canada - Tickets, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

amazing show! I usually see them at the ACC where they are super strict about taking videos, so I FINALLY (after 5 times seeing them) got to get videos of my favourite tracks! Was amazed they still managed to do those big yellow balloons even outdoors! Had good spots during Jason Mraz but then moved back a bit so we could maneuver our way out easier. Even moved back, however, we were still about on par with floor seats at the ACC (and being 6'2 doesn't hurt either, sorry if any of you guys were behind me!).

also, don't hate, but I left about 50 minutes into the set to go see Girl Talk (right after Viva La Vida). Still can't get over them stupidly scheduling them both at the same time. It was such a difficult choice but I LOVE Girl Talk and had to see him live, and had so much fun there! He even sampled Coldplay in a few of his tracks and had the big yellow balloons on his side of the island, somehow. Great night, overall!

Metro trip home was fun too. Since Girl Talk got out 10 minutes before Coldplay we managed to beat the lines while still hearing Coldplay from far back. Lots of drunk people on the metro holding the balloons, trying to run up the down escalator (and failing, despite the crowds cheering them on).

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metro trip home was fun too. Since Girl Talk got out 10 minutes before Coldplay we managed to beat the lines while still hearing Coldplay from far back. Lots of drunk people on the metro holding the balloons, trying to run up the down escalator (and failing, despite the crowds cheering them on).

LOL yeah I saw that too! Gotta love that spirit! :nice:

Here's my review: :)

Okay how to start this???

Got to Jean-Drapeau mid-afternoon, around the time Josh Ritter was performing. Chilled out at the bottom of the lawn and took in the HUGE space in front of the main stage. I thought to myself “wow, this is going to become a sea of people in 6 hours time.” My friends and I decided to check out the other stages which had some awesome acts; K’naan, Gentlemen Reg and Elbow to name a few.

DSCN0473.jpg

We came back halfway through Elbow’s set to get a spot as close to the stage as humanly possible. We made it as far as second row from the barrier, far right of the main stage but only about 4-5 rows from the B stage. I realized it was a pretty good spot as we watched both Jason Mraz and the Roots with a very good view. Both these acts were awesome and had their own creative flavours. While the Roots were on, two awesome things happened: The first was that one of Coldplay’s roadies (I think!) came up to our side and took some pictures of us!! I hope the photo turns out and pops up on the website but for now it is wishful thinking. :P

The second awesome thing (also during the Roots performance) was that as I was watching the Roots, I looked over to the side of their stage and recognized Will! I look to his left and right to who appeared to be Guy and Jonny, but I wasn’t completely sure. I based this on general physique and their body movement (you know how some people just seem to have certain stances, etc?) but Will was definitely there. I gasped and went “omg it’s Will!” to my friend and I waved frantically in their direction with high hopes that they’d wave back or know that I knew they were there :P Everyone around me thought I was either crazy or had no clue who I was waving to. Lol oh well…

Cue the Coldplay concert. One word: epic. It always is and I’m always in denial when they first come on stage thinking “I’ve gotta be dreaming right now”. But nope, it’s them, in the flesh, and I’m standing ~20m from them. Their set was phenomenal. I don’t need to tell you guys that or go into details because you already know it! J A really nice touch was the fireworks coming from LaRonde. Chris was particularly impressed! ‘Lovers In Japan’ came up and I was covered in butterfly confetti, which is currently resting on my printer until I can figure out how to arrange them. Just before the encore, the girls in front of me left and I was right at the front! (although more people out of nowhere were watching from the other side of the barrier. I figured they were VIP’s or contest winners.) The concert finishes and as usual, I leave slightly saddened knowing that it’s over and wondering when I’ll see them again but the rest of me is filled with awe and happiness. One of my friends who attended saw the concert for the first time and has fallen in love with Coldplay. How could you not? :D

DSCN0561.jpg

DSCN0625.jpg

This is most ridiculous review which I ever read))) thanks Miss g!

The second photo simply mad!

Finally in the front row!!!

After 3 other Coldplay concerts this year and 1 left, I didn't think I would ever make it to the front row, but it turns out if you are willing to spend 9 hours sitting on gravel and risking your bladder then anythings possible!!! It was so worth all the pain that my body is in right now. That concert was unreal, especially when the fireworks went off in the background. Well done Coldplay. Well done.

I got there at 2:15 and went in front of Coldplay's stage right away. I spent 7 hours waiting there under the sun, never quitting my place, trying to get a better one all the time. I managed to be in second row, on Guy's side of the stage, and just in front of B stage (in which Chris played The Hardest Part) :wacky: I felt like dying!

And I felt like dying when the show was over. I was in total pain yesterday, since I hadn't eaten a lot, and this morning I was still feeling bad.

But I'll never forget this concert. Best night ever.

Thank You Coldplay :smug:

This is most ridiculous review which I ever read))) thanks Miss g!

The second photo simply mad!

Ahahaha no problem :P :nice: I didn't get very many good shots but Chris strikes quite a pose in the second one! It was lucky!

I recorded the entire concert using my field recorder...naughty me. Hehehe.

And upon listening to Viva La Vida, I realised that Chris said this:

"this is our last time in Canada for a few years"

:( :( :( :(

woah woah woah woah woah I missed that!! :stunned: He said what???