🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

PHOENIX

Dejan

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, they were AMAZING live. Really, really good!

During 'Rome' Tom came down off the stage and came towards my friend and I (we naturally started going crazy) and stood on the little platform on the barrier RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! I literally nearly got squashed by him as he leaned over the crowd, and I got to hug his waist for a few seconds XD

Then he kept looking at us during the show, I swear he looked into my eyes at least three times as he was singing! And then he did the whole "high-five the whole front row" thing at the end so we got to do that too :dazzled:

All in all, they were just amazing. The energy in the crowd was great, and they performed flawlessly.

It was the second-last night of the tour and they said they were heading back home to start recording the next album :awesome:

• 1 year later...

I love it. I was scared they were gonna try to mimic "1901", as bands with sudden unexpected hits tend to do. Thankful they went another direction entirely. Hell, it sounds like what Coldplay's "Paradise" would sound like if "Paradise" didn't completely suck.

I love it. I was scared they were gonna try to mimic "1901", as bands with sudden unexpected hits tend to do. Thankful they went another direction entirely. Hell, it sounds like what Coldplay's "Paradise" would sound like if "Paradise" didn't completely suck.

This. Don't have anything to add, I completely love the song.

Has anyone heard Phoenix's new single, "Entertainment"?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86_TqlVQscQ]Phoenix - Entertainment (homemade lyric video) - YouTube[/ame]

The single cover is my profile picture. The song is excellent, in my opinion!

It definitely sounds like a step away from Wolfgang Amadeus, but it still maintains that synth sound that WA captured. What do you guys think?

I'm not sure if anyone has made a thread for this yet, but this is the thread for the band Phoenix. Not the city, not a song called Phoenix, the alternative band Phoenix from Europe.

Threads merged

• 4 weeks later...

^Yes I saw it too. I was excited to see that Phoenix was performing because I hadn't heard anything from them since like 4 years ago. Last night was the first time I heard Entertainment. Its stunning. Its everything you'd expect from a "Princess of China" title but obviously Coldplay disappointed on that front. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album!

By the way what was the second song on SNL?