✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PHOENIX

Dejan

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoenix Drop Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix Cover

149538.phoenixcov.jpgWe already have the release date (May 26 in the U.S., May 25 internationally), first song ("1901"), and tracklist for French band Phoenix's new LP. And now we have the cover. It's all coming together, people.

But what does it all mean?! You've got the Dr. Strangelove bombs dropping on some indiscriminate body of land that looks a lot like a generic U.S. state. (Maybe that's what Phoenix looks like to French people.) Is Phoenix trying to warn America's citizens of an incoming attack... by France?! Or is the band looking to culturally carpet-bomb Obama-nation? And where does Mozart play into all of this? Is he riding another bomb somewhere off screen? Please send your theory to [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueuauKKjPZI][email protected][/ame].

In other Phoenix news, the band is now offering a multi-track version of new song "1901" for fans to download and remix on their home computers. Why you would want to mess with such a perfect song is beyond me, but a Justice-style redo couldn't hurt, I suppose. No shitty mashups with "1999" plz.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/149538-phoenix-drop-wolfgang-amadeus-phoenix-cover

I wasn't very fond of the single at first and didn't really get the hype about it, but I've listened to it a bunch of times now. I think I'm starting to like it a lot.

Where can I find this leak...? :shifty: Or maybe it would be wrong to tell me. :uhoh:

this song is fuckin addictive!

I agree with this now. :freak:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...