✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

20 Jun-2009: General Motors Place, Vancouver, Canada - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists

Ooh that might be a bit tough Shaftell but possible if you're quick. I bought a single ticket for the Portland show, and to test how good of seats I could have gotten had my friend been able to commit to going, I checked to see what kind of seats I could get if I wanted two next to eachother a minute later. The floor area already wasnt available...

For this show my bf says he wants to go with me, but he isn't a fan of Coldplay really(he's said that he has absolutely no interest in ever spending money on one of their CD's and yet wants to spend over 100 to see them live), so I sort of want to be selfish and buy myself a single ticket so that I can get a seat as close as possible to the stage. Im worried that buying a pair of tickets will put me much further back..

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Coldplay twice at the GM Place, once in the 300's and once on the floor (row 40something), and I enjoyed the concert MUCH better from the 300's... you can see everything, and even though it's quite a bit further from the stage, you don't miss out on any of the music or show... and the big screens help too! So sitting in the 300's: not bad at all!

Okay, from what was said in this thread, "STRINGS" is the Ticketrush presale which is for Livenation.com

"VIOLET" is the radio presale. I don't know for which site.

I'm still looking for the ticketmaster presale codes. I'm hoping someone will post the passwords for the presales that we don't have already.

Maybe i'm just an idiot, but is the Ticket Rush pre-sale password, which is "strings", work when you go to ticketmaster and do the live nation pre-sale tomorrow at 10am.

Or do we have to buy them through Live Nation and use that password?

So far i have found 3 passwords, Strings, scientist, and Violet, no clue which to use where.

aww shit.

They person I was gonna go with backed out.

Shit for not having any friends who are Coldplay fans.

Fuck. I doubt I'll be getting tickets this weekend now.

Maybesomething will come up between now and June.

Or else there's always you know 3 or whatever years from now.

Arrrggh.

One thing to De-bunk. All Pre-sale starts tomorrow! No Canucks fans have tickets yet. They are all at 10 AM tomorrow. And pic wisely, it will sell quickly. These pre-sale codes arent exactly a secret. All the Stations have been e-mailing them out.

I have sat everywhere in GM Place. 300s for the Police, and 110s for Santana. GM Place has no bad sightlines.

Also, if you dont get tickets check back often, I got tickets to the Police which sold out...I got the tickets the night before the show.

Also, a side note. Vancouver is the end of their North American Tour, if the demand is there, they have a lot of room to add another show. NHL is out, no other concerts. Keep an eye out for a second show to be added when the first sells out in 2 minutes.

Yeah, there's actually a rumor going around GM place that they'll be adding a second show very soon.

Good luck getting tickets everyone!

To recap the passwords again:

Strings (Ticketrush)

Violet(Radio)

Scientist (Canucks)

fingers crossed that you're right! 2 shows would be AMAZING!! I missed them in Pemberton and have just been hoping and hoping a show near here would be announced. :D

yikes that was freaking nuts, for a while there it didnt have any 2 tickets available seated next to each other so I just bought one... 28th row floor... not as good as the seat I would have if I decided to still go to Portland where I had an 18th row. I'm really hoping for a 2nd show.

I had a few pages open until I got one with a floor seat... not the best floor seat but I just didnt want to be way at the back or in the bleachers because the crowd is never as fun there as on the floor I find. I like the excitement and singing and all that but everyone gets all shy in Vancouver when theyre not on the floor I find. Im sad that Im not going with anyone though... always more fun to be next to a friend.

I remember a few years ago when i was buying presale tickets to prince, bowie, and other big concerts it was sooo easy to get 5th row floor seats no problem. Nowadays it seems that only ticket resellers get the good seats and not the actual fans :(