✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

All Points West Festival 2009

the_gloaming09

FRIDAY, JULY 31st

* Beastie Boys

* Yeah Yeah Yeahs

* Vampire Weekend

the National/Fleet Foxes/MSTRKRFT/Q-Tip/the Pharcyde/Organized Konfusion the Knux/Ra Ra Riot/Seasick Steve/Telepathe/Shearwater/Heartless Bastards Flying Lotus/CollegeHumor Live/Arj Barker/Eugene Mirman/Bo Burnham

SATURDAY, AUGUST 1st

* Tool

* My Bloody Valentine

* Gogol Bordello

Arctic Monkeys/Neko Case/the Ting Tings/Yelle/Crystal Castles/St. Vincent Tokyo Police Club/the Cool Kids/Kool Keith/Cage the Elephant/Chairlift/White Rabbits/Electric Touch the Postelles/Black Gold/CollegeHumor Live/Tim & Eric/Judah Friedlander/Jim Jeffries

SUNDAY, AUGUST 2nd

* Coldplay

* Echo & The Bunnymen

* MGMT

the Black Keys/Elbow/Silversun Pickups/Mogwai/We Are Scientists Ghostland Observatory/the Gaslight Anthem/Etienne De Crecy/Lykke Li Akron/Family/Steel Train/Kitty, Daisy & Lewis/CollegeHumor Live/Janeane Garofalo/Michael Showalter/Todd Barry

--------

Looks like an interesting lineup. I went last year where I saw Radiohead. It's a nice venue. I might try to go to this but I dunno which one... probably the Sunday show because I'd like to MGMT and Black Keys

^ I went last year as well. I thought it was well run for being the first one. I'm glad they're coming back! The highlight for me was Radiohead. It was the first time I had ever seen them live, and I was thoroughly pleased with the venue. Sound was ace, and my video was sweet! I'm definitely looking forward to this years. I plan on going to Sunday's as well.. however I love Organized Konfusion!!!! So, I might do both days. How can I pass on the opportunity to see Echo and the Bunnymen AND Coldplay in the same night!!! lol Saw Echo this past October at Radio City... amazing as well.

^ I went last year as well. I thought it was well run for being the first one. I'm glad they're coming back! The highlight for me was Radiohead. It was the first time I had ever seen them live, and I was thoroughly pleased with the venue. Sound was ace, and my video was sweet! I'm definitely looking forward to this years. I plan on going to Sunday's as well.. however I love Organized Konfusion!!!! So, I might do both days. How can I pass on the opportunity to see Echo and the Bunnymen AND Coldplay in the same night!!! lol Saw Echo this past October at Radio City... amazing as well.

what day did you go last year?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bought Coldplay tickets last night and i'm just so excited that i cant wait to see them!!!! :)

Those wanting to buy tickets should also visit TicketLuck...you may end up finding good discounted tickets there. And also dont forget to use their special promo code AMY for decent savings!! Go Coldplay!! :):)

• 6 months later...

I really hope that they have it... there's no other really good music festivals on the East Coast. I think that it was a great thing to have in this area (dispite the amount of mud). I can see how it may have been a pain (though I didn't take public transportation), but still it would be an event that a lot of people would like.

yeah... you should go. I've gone these past two years and it was awesome!

They need to have this because there are no other good festivals in the tri-state area.

If you go just hope there's no rain (or a lot of it). I went last year and it was pouring so much that when I got to the venue it was a total mud fest.

• 1 month later...

looks like All Points West will be dead for good...

Phillips said the future looked bleak for AEG Live's nascent All Points West festival, which took place in 2008 and 2009 across the Hudson River from lower Manhattan at Liberty State Park in Jersey City, N.J.

"We're probably going to kill it," said Phillips. "As beautiful as (the site) is, it's very hard to get New Yorkers to cross that river. All Points West is an experiment that just didn't work."

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE63K68M20100421

Total BS.... there are no good festivals on the East Coast