✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Star Trek

It was so good! I loved it (and this is coming from a Star Wars fan!)

I didn't think that the plot was difficult to understand (maybe I just got my sci fi comprehension level already high from Star Wars and such :P). The special effects were AMAZING, and it was a nice balance of action, adventure, and comedy. I loved the chemistry Quinto and Pine had with each other. Simon Pegg was a nice bit of comic relief in that time of crisis! :lol: Overall, it was awesome, and I want to see it again!

I actually cried in the beginning of the movie. :cry: Just a little tear. Don't laugh at me.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^lol, but it's true. The beginning was definitely a bit tearworthy.

I saw it again, in IMAX this time, and it was just SO much better. The sound was amazing and the picture looked 10 times better than in a normal theater. I loved it even more in IMAX, that's for sure. I even want to go see it again. It's THAT good. =)

considering they were trying to do the original series over I think they did a damn good job at it. of course there were a few things I had problems with (scotty acting too goofy, plot errors w/ tv show), but otherwise really good. I still prefer the even original series movies more (wrath of khan, voyage home, undiscovered country), but this would come after that. i'd like to see it again, and can't wait to see where they take the next movies.

The acting is better in IMAX? Don't be a moron.

I loved this film

as a TOS fan it ticked all the boxes

BRING ON THE SEQUELS

Not the acting, of course. That's just stupid. If a movie sucks, it sucks. I meant the special effects and stuff. Compared to a normal movie theater, Star Trek looks 10 times better in IMAX. The picture and sound were amazing in IMAX, which is what I meant.

I totally wanna see it. I know nothing about Star Trek, though... is it better if you have some background info, or does the film do a pretty good job of explaining everything?

I did not know anything about star trek too, i dont really like this kind of stuff like star wars , but i went to see movie and love it :) it was really clear and it makes me curious to see the others movies and tv shows hehe

I totally wanna see it. I know nothing about Star Trek, though... is it better if you have some background info, or does the film do a pretty good job of explaining everything?

It's pretty self-contained and was meant for newbies. You'll be fine no matter how little or how much you know. You might not understand why everyone is laughing or cheering at some of the lines, but you won't miss out on any of the plot because of it.

Basically, in the future humanity has managed to build huge starships and go exploring other planets. Some aliens are friendly, some are hostile, and the Vulcans love logic. That's about all you need to know. Gotta love those old 60's episodic shows. ;)

Basically, in the future humanity has managed to build huge starships and go exploring other planets. Some aliens are friendly, some are hostile, and the Vulcans love logic. That's about all you need to know. Gotta love those old 60's episodic shows. ;)

That's a great summary! :laugh3:

I'll defintitely watch it a third time but then in the orginal (not dubbed) version!

• 3 years later...

Star Trek!!!

Didn't know where to put this thread so I just put it here.

I've only recently got into it, but Star Trek is amazing! I only used to like Star Wars, but I definitely prefer Star Trek now!! I started to watch it because I'd two reasons: the first is that the new movie Into Darkness is out and the second is that I love the Big Bang Theory and Star Trek is often mentioned!

The Original Series is my favourite and The Next Generation is my second favourite!

Spock and Kirk are my favourite characters, and Data. :)

Also one of my friends at school thought Star Trek was real!! Lol! :D I'm reading the book Star Trek based on the 2009 movie - awesome!!

And I alder one of my friends at school how old they thought William Shatner was 50 when I showed them a picture! :D Like Tom Cruise - he never ages!!

Come on, aren't there any more Trekkies out there?!

I haven't seen into darkness yet!no spoilers! Only got into Star Trek recently; I always preferred Star Wars. But now I live Star Trek! The first ever episode of TOS was in Monday and it was awesome! I got all of season one out of the library. I've only seen Wrath of Khan, First Contact and Star Trek 2009 movies though. I also live the next generation! data is awesome, but not as awesome as kirk and Spock. :)

I've never been a big Star Trek fan, I've only seen a few episodes of the TV series. I only went to see the 2009 film because of Zachary Quinto and Simon Pegg (two of my all time favourite actors) but I really enjoyed it. I'm going to see Into Darkness on Sunday, can't wait :awesome:

I've never been a big Star Trek fan, I've only seen a few episodes of the TV series. I only went to see the 2009 film because of Zachary Quinto and Simon Pegg (two of my all time favourite actors) but I really enjoyed it. I'm going to see Into Darkness on Sunday, can't wait :awesome:

So jealous! I have to see it! yeah, i kinda fancy Zachary Quinto as Spock! and Chris Pine, he's hot too, not to mention William Shatner! can't make my mind up on Leonard Nimoy though. But i did cry on sunday when I saw Spock's death in Wrath Of Khan: "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one!" I love you spock!! :)

the-big-bang-theory-rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock-the-rules-20090608154821_412x232.jpg