✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Who can actually sing the first verse of YES ?

Usually I'm good at singing Coldplay. When I first heard YES, I took it as a challenge. A challenge I have thus far lost though..

The first verse really knocks the wind out of me. Lines like "sin stay gone" and "i'm just so tired of this loneliness (first chorus) " are just beyond me.

It's frustrating, cuz this really is my favourite song on the album. :angry:

I can sing the song perfectly from the second verse onward into the sleep chant, though.

But that first verse and chorus.. alas

I can, but not a tune I normally sing to myself, I really need to hear the music for this one. Might try it at karaoke though if they have it. My Coldplay bathing/cleaning/driving singalongs tend to be Glass of Water, Strawberry Swing and LiJ atm :)

<edit> My non-Coldplay fave right now is this one, helps keep things in perspective :P

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk]YouTube - Galaxy Song[/ame]

I can, but I have an unusually wide vocal range for a guy. I can sing all of Yes, and also all of Fix You, believe it or not.

The trick to a really low part is to first of all not bend your head and neck in a bunch of weird angles like you might naturally do to help hit a note. This actually restricts your airway and tightens up your muscles in your neck.

Second, open your palate. Try making yourself yawn and feel how opened up your throat is right in the middle of the yawn. If you can re-create that openness while singing, you will be able to hit a lot of notes a lot stronger than you could before. Mostly just keep practicing at it, and I'm sure eventually you will knock it out. ;)

I can, but I have an unusually wide vocal range for a guy. I can sing all of Yes, and also all of Fix You, believe it or not.

The trick to a really low part is to first of all not bend your head and neck in a bunch of weird angles like you might naturally do to help hit a note. This actually restricts your airway and tightens up your muscles in your neck.

Second, open your palate. Try making yourself yawn and feel how opened up your throat is right in the middle of the yawn. If you can re-create that openness while singing, you will be able to hit a lot of notes a lot stronger than you could before. Mostly just keep practicing at it, and I'm sure eventually you will knock it out. ;)

Actually, I can sing all of fix you, the hardest part , and shiver. Heck even Amsterdam is loads easier that YES.

I'll try your advice, see if it works.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...