|~|The OFFICIAL Coldplay FanFic Thread 2: DISCUSSION|~|

iPsy

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Violent Waters[/color][/size][/font]

Chapter 3---it's sort of short.

“Guy!” I winced as Jonny snapped his fingers in my face. “Pay attention, man, we need you.”

“I’m sorry,” I muttered, desperately trying to remember what I had been working on. But I hadn’t been focusing at all, and I was beginning to think that the two months I had taken off from the band hadn’t been a good idea. After all, those two months had gotten me into using. I still couldn’t believe it. I would have never thought I would be into that sort of thing.

“Come on, what’s wrong? You look like you’re gonna puke.” My stomach flipped at the thought.

“I’m okay,” I insisted. But I knew that I wasn’t. I could feel myself trembling, not from fear, but from something deep in my body that I couldn’t control. I could also feel everyone’s eyes on me as Jonny put a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it.

“You’re shaking,” he murmured into my ear. “Are you cold or something?” I shook my head and tried to smile reassuringly. “You’re kind of pale too. Hey, guys, I think we should stop,” called Jonny to the rest of the band. I felt myself blanch in terror.

“What? Why? Jonny, I’m fine.”

By this time, Will and Chris were openly stripping me down with their gazes. I shrank under their scrutiny, feeling as if I were on display. It wouldn’t have been the first time I felt that way. “Jonny’s right,” interrupted Will. “You don’t look so good. And when I called you earlier...”

“I’m fine. I promise,” I choked out. I hated lying to them more than anything, but there was no way I could let them on to what I was doing. If they knew, there was no doubt in my mind that they would hate me for it. It was so low...such a horrible thing to do to oneself. And I knew it. It was desperate and childish...but there was no way I could stop. I felt tears begin to well up in my eyes, and I hastily moved to wipe them away.

“Guy?” whispered Jonny. “What’s wrong?”

I took my bass of my shoulder, as I felt it was weighing me down. “Nothing’s wrong.”

“I thought you were getting better...you used to look better...” he said gently.

“I said I’m fine!”

“Are things going okay in therapy...?” added Chris bluntly. God, I wanted to hit him.

“There’s nothing wrong with me!” I yelled. I could feel sweat dripping down my back despite my chills. Okay, so maybe there was something wrong with me. “I just...” I just need a fix.

“What?” pressed Will. I shuddered and tried to slip out of Jonny’s grip.

“I just need some air,” I mumbled, pushing my hair back. Will shrugged and Chris nodded, but Jonny continued to look deeply at me. He removed his hand from my shoulder and I practically stumbled to the door. By the time I made it out onto the street, there were tears flowing freely down my face.

At that point I would have done anything to make the pain go away.

Oh My God, this is getting so good! This was such a powerful chapter, you descreibed Guy's feelings so perfectly. Can't wait for the next part!

EDIT:

Finding My Sunshine (Part 9)[/color]

Chris's PoV

I knocked on her hotel room door gently. At times like this you had to be very gentle with her or... well bad things happen. Carla walked over and opened the door and I could see marks from her tears already. She let me in, silently as she shut the door, and we both sat on the edge of her bed, just as me and Jonny had.

"So how'd Jonny take it?" She asked looking up at me with sadness in her eyes.

"How'd you know I already went to see him?" I asked, confused. I had given her no sign of me going to see Jonny.

"I know you, Chris." Said she, softly her voice starting to crack and her eyes starting to water.

"He was very upset," I told her and looked down. "More upset than I have seen him in a very, very long time."

"Oh," she said it lighter than a whisper and a tear fell from her face, she tried to wipe it from her face before I could see it, but it was too late. She cupped her face with her hands and I could hear her start to cry.

I put my arms around her and had her lay her head on my chest as I rubbed her back softly. "Hey, It's okay." I told her, trying to bring her spirits up.

"I love him, Chris," Carla said as she continued to cry. "I really, really do."

"I know," I said. "and he loves you too."

She rose her teary face from my chest, "I'm sorry I'm keeping you here, Chris." she said. "You can leave if you want. "

"Are you sure?" I asked her, concerned.

"Yeah, I need to relax, really." She told me.

"Okay," I told her as I got up from next to her slowly. "I guess I'll see you later." And I left her room slowly, thinking; they were in love, deep love.

Mmmm, I don't know if I can trust her....