✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing: LLL's photoblog: 19th Sep, Wembley

Long Live Life

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The final huddle....

And that's all folks.... with the final emotional huddle, the VLV tour is officially over....

This was the best gig of my life (only U2's 1997 Pop Mart comes close IMO), and it was over too soon..... like all those euphoric moments in life, you just want to freeze them in time, but time moves on....

20090919pro2.jpg

Viva La Vida: Viva Coldplay!

20090919pro1.jpg

Closing thoughts:

Viva La Vida will always be a personal album for me. It's themes co-incided with a moment in my life which happened to be highly relevant. It's the album that transformed my view of the band from being "my favourite band" to someone I wanted to find a little bit more about them: what drives them, what motivates them to write such wonderful music and insightful lyrics.

Queueing for 7 hours and making the front row was a tiny way of saying thankyou. I'm glad others have enjoyed these pics and comments.

Viva La Vida the song itself will also be something special to me. Like an opera singer that finds the resonant frequency of a glass, VLV resonated with my soul in a way words cannot fully describe. I've often heard it called "Baroque pop" but I prefer the term "renaissance pop". It's the kind of song Motzart might have written had he had a time machine and tried to write something to fit in with the 21st century. It has a sense of harmony that's typical of all things 18th century, and the whole style of the VLV tour, from the costumes to the jackets to the artwork all heavily draws from this era in history (my favourite). "

I don't know who came up with all the concepts like the artwork or costumes but it seems to me extremely well thought through: a sort of attention to detail few bands have and ever fewer manage to pull off successfully as Coldplay have clearly done.

"Rennaissance pop" is also appropriate because in many ways this was a re-birth for the band too. A highly succssful one as well. A personal renaissance for me too, because without wanting to sound glib or trite, it's the music that helped me to find myself.

Viva La Vida.

Viva Coldplay!

20090919pro1.jpg

Closing thoughts:

Viva La Vida will always be a personal album for me. It's themes co-incided with a moment in my life which happened to be highly relevant. It's the album that transformed my view of the band from being "my favourite band" to someone I wanted to find a little bit more about them: what drives them, what motivates them to write such wonderful music and insightful lyrics.

Queueing for 7 hours and making the front row was a tiny way of saying thankyou. I'm glad others have enjoyed these pics and comments.

Viva La Vida the song itself will also be something special to me. Like an opera singer that finds the resonant frequency of a glass, VLV resonated with my soul in a way words cannot fully describe. I've often heard it called "Baroque pop" but I prefer the term "renaissance pop". It's the kind of song Motzart might have written had he had a time machine and tried to write something to fit in with the 21st century. It has a sense of harmony that's typical of all things 18th century, and the whole style of the VLV tour, from the costumes to the jackets to the artwork all heavily draws from this era in history (my favourite). "

I don't know who came up with all the concepts like the artwork or costumes but it seems to me extremely well thought through: a sort of attention to detail few bands have and ever fewer manage to pull off successfully as Coldplay have clearly done.

"Rennaissance pop" is also appropriate because in many ways this was a re-birth for the band too. A highly succssful one as well. A personal renaissance for me too, because without wanting to sound glib or trite, it's the music that helped me to find myself.

Viva La Vida.

Viva Coldplay!

I love your photoblog. And what you wrote here made me cry. :nice:

And that's all folks.... with the final emotional huddle, the VLV tour is officially over....

This was the best gig of my life (only U2's 1997 Pop Mart comes close IMO), and it was over too soon..... like all those euphoric moments in life, you just want to freeze them in time, but time moves on....

20090919pro2.jpg

amen!

& this is a great photoblog you've done there. :cool:

loved your witty captions too... :lol:

Thank you, Long Live Life aka. Phil, for your photoBlog. It was simply magnificent: Beautiful pictures and captions. The closing remarks were very good. For me too, VLV resonated with my soul in a way words cannot fully describe. The whole theme of the VLV era with Life (Viva) and Death was very relevant for me. And the theme of revolution supported by the costumes was simply brilliant.

Thank you Phil and also thanks to Coldplay. VIVA LA VIDA! :)