✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing: LLL's photoblog: 19th Sep, Wembley

Long Live Life

The day started early for me (for a Saturday! :)), I left home at 7:50 for the first part of my journey to London: a journey down the M1 to Harrow.

I had LeftRightLeftRighLeft playing in the car for the journey down, which only heightened my sense of excitement and anticipation, but would I get my wish of a front row place?

After I parked the car I walked through a shopping centre to the tube station: I could hear Viva La Vida playing out from one of the shops (yet to open). A good sign I thought!

Arriving at Wembley just after 9:15am it seemed like I was one of the very first to arrive, see:

20090919pro55.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KissesBird and i got chatting about we got into Coldplay in the first place. For me, I started listening to them in 2000 when I heard Yellow playing in the background and their music really struck a chord with me when I was working on a video for a party. I thought "I must find out who they are and get their album".

Back in 2000 ,whilst I was a fan of their music and bought Parachutes, I was nowhere near the fan I am today: Viva La Vida was to change all that for me

Viva La Vida is something of a deeply personal album for me, that came at exactly the right time in my life following a bereavement.

There are many reasons why fans go out of their way to queue at early hours to see their favourite band. For me: this was my personal way of saying thankyou to the band. I've travelled extensively for business across the world in the past, and i know how tiring it can be. It means you're endless days on the road, adjusting to different time zones and climates and whilst fun the downsides are you are cut off from your friends and family. This was Coldplay's homecoming finale, and I wasn't missing it for anything....

So we got chatting to the security guards. Concern grew about which gate was to be let in first (given we were furthest from the stage). F and G was about as far as from the stage as you can get.

Mimmx comes up with a plan... Front row, then C-Stage, then Jonny's ramp! I love it when a plan comes together....

Thanks to the great company, the time just flew by for me. Americans are great at this: networking with hitherto strangers and I've personally never understood the animosity towards them some in the UK seem to have. Whenever I've been in the US I've always been overwhelmed by their kindness, generosity and willingness to share experiences with each other ...

I enjoyed listening to Angie's comments about how the US stadia compare to Wembley; KissesBird's and Mimmx's experiences of other Coldplay gig's (I'm a relative virgin, this being only my 3rd gig and 2nd VLV one) and general Coldplay-on-the-road gossip (...especially the "old news" ;) )

At the last Viva La Viva gig (02 in December last year), I was right at the very back and whilst it was a great vantage point to see the visual spectacle in its entirety, you are definitley missing out on being so far away! This gig was to be the complete opposite...

The long wait finally ends...

By 3pm the only butterflies in the stadium were those in my stomach.... along with Gizza (sp?) who says he always gets nervous in the final wait. We had our strategy for each other and we were all equally determined to get to the front...

After 7 hours the wait was over, the security guard lets down the tape and we're ushered into a pre-gate queue... in the scramble we become separated. Once at the "finishing line".... Gizza and I end up at a gate that appears closed... but after his persuasion they open it and we're in.... nearly there....

.... Once there we walk as quickly as we can and the stage is in sight. Luckily, we appear to have been the first set of gates to be opened......there is still space on the front row... Kisses Birds arrives a split second before me and keeps me my place....... we'd done it!

Is this Chris' younger cousin?

20090919pro49.jpg

LOL, nor did I, but wasn't it great when we all did? I am assuming we were lucky in that our gate was opened fractionally before the others?

Yeah, well I spoke to the manager guy who said they all went in at the same time and there was no concession for people who had to run the furthest but that he was the best and would have us sorted speedily.

I think we went through the turnstiles before we were supposed to though, because once they let us through, we were first there and obviously put our tickets in the machine and then this woman was screaming at us to stop :uhoh: Presumably because there was no one in place to check bags. Then she gave up and was like "oh just let them in" :lol:

Well not on purpose :nice: They let us through then changed their minds so we weren't sure what we were supposed to do :uhoh:

The whole gate thing was soooo badly organised though, it all depended on luck rather than how long people were waiting, which is wrong.