✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing: LLL's photoblog: 19th Sep, Wembley

Long Live Life

Yeah, really wrong ! The worst thing was hearing "the turnstiles are now open" while they didn't want let us go... we were screaming so loud !

And the guy who was checking the bags was a real asshole, he made me show him EVERY single thing in my bag :angry:

So the second row was pretty un-hoped for me, I got it cause I just flied above the stairs, walking on 1 step/4 :P

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That happened to us the day before, we heard that announcement, they didn't let us through, when they did they stopped us at the turnstiles, completely shut them down! Then they opened them and they took ages searching the bags :rolleyes: We ended up 5 or 6 rows back.

Then the second night there weren't even bag checkers! :thinking:

Chaos.

An then the stage is set for the final VLV gig...

The stage is set with the familar set-up we've all come to know and love with the VLV tour.....church bell, timpani and clunky 1970's TV....I wasn't sure the motivation or reason for the TV other than a piece of nostalgia given many of their fans are 30-somethings and had such a set in the late 1970's at home...

My excitement levels were extreme by this stage, I couldn't believe I had the best (standing!) seat in the house!

20090919pro40.jpg

The Blue Danube and the pissing rain

Just as the Blue Danube starts (which heralds the band's appearance) I feel a few light drops of rain. "It'll just be a light shower", I think, it'll soon pass.

By the end of the Blue Danube, the "light shower" has turned into tropical deluge! I don't care a bit, I'm not going to let a bit of water dampen my spirits!

But as the band took to the stage, disaster struck! My trustworthy Canon - "Canon- sponsors of Coldplaying.com" (or at least it should be given we all seem to have them!) decides to have a hissy fit (it's a technical term). The rain has got into the camera and the zoom is jammed (or won't respond) - nor the settings to allow exposure to be changed now the lights have gone down for the main show.

Could this be, my trusty armoured Canon that has survived numerous snowboarding trips (including the falls) has given up the Ghost in the London rain? Grr! :angry:

"Damn, I thought, rubbish pictures again, they'll all be fuzzy matchsticks despite being right at the front!."

As I attempt to take a few shots I recall a Basil Fawlty Moment:

[basil Fawlty] "Thankyou God, thank you so bloody much!" [/basil Fawlty]

My first few pics in the rain are quite poor as a result....

20090919pro39.jpg

Cheers Pete, we must get round to organising the post VLV tour meet-up?

I'm not sure I'm in any of my own pics - I think there is one I'll dig out for you!

Yes, the post VLV tour meet-up sounds good, we'll stay in touch on that :)

Aw, shame, would love to have finally seen what you look like after we've chatted for so long (and missed each other at so many gigs now :stunned:)

No doubt you've seen various of my ridiculous mugshots now across various threads :laugh3:

Take care fella, great work with the blog!

Yes, the post VLV tour meet-up sounds good, we'll stay in touch on that :)

Aw, shame, would love to have finally seen what you look like after we've chatted for so long (and missed each other at so many gigs now :stunned:)

No doubt you've seen various of my ridiculous mugshots now across various threads :laugh3:

Take care fella, great work with the blog!

Pete, thanks. Where are these infamous mugshots? :)