✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Laura Marling

deaths_friend

now i was almost certain that there was a thread about Laura Marling!! but i searched high and low to no avail. so i had no other option but to start up my own thread about her.

apologies if there is a thread out there.

most of us are familiar with her stunning debut Alas I Cannot Swim which had great tracks like Night Terror, My Manic and I and You're No God. she's also well known for her collaborations with artists like Noah & the Whale.

her sophomore album is out April 8 and is called I Speak Because I Can. here is a taste of it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmQp96HqNnk]YouTube- Devil's Spoke - Laura Marling[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGot7yoKyg8]YouTube- Laura Marling - Goodbye England Christmas Single Full Version[/ame]

• 1 month later...

New album I Speak Because I Can out tomorrow. here is another preview of the record

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1jD0Kx5aVQ]YouTube- I Speak Because I Can - Laura Marling[/ame]

Hope she gets alot more attention for this record because she is one of the best folk artists out there at the moment.

She's taken a much darker theme this time so she's kinda trying to sound alot more mature. Which is a bit of a risky path but at her age she can afford to take a few risks.

For me personally the most appealing thing about Laura is the potential she has to become a brilliant and prolific artist over the next 10-15 yrs.

Hm, I thought she already sounded quite mature on her debut (especially when you consider her age). But I dunno.. I listened to the album again today and I'm still kinda meh about it. Which is kind of sad because I love Alas. But it will be interesting to see how she develops in the next couple of years.

I've only heard a few of the tracks that have been previewed on my local alt music station. I will buy the record tomorrow and make up my mind properly.

Listening back to Alas I still get some sense of "young love" and your typical teenage themes. But yeh vocally she is mature far beyond her years.

• 1 month later...

Her 3rd album? She's working on it already? that's awesome.

Anyway, she's definitely worth seeing live! I saw her about a year ago and she was great and played songs from her second album (like Hope In The Air) even though it just came out recently!

:lol:

The guys from Mumford & Sons are quite busy this year. Honestly, I don't think it's gonna happen and I'm quite content with one album this year. She can release her third next year or something. :P

By the way, she's playing a festival I'm attending in August, so I might see her perform then. :nice:

well she is touring quite intensely through most of the european summer so im not really expecting anything before october or november. but she seems quite adamant to release another record this year.

i noticied that.

That's quite.. ambitious. :inquisitive:

true, but is not the first artist that do release two albums in a year.

btw enjoy her at the august festival :)

all the promo's for I Speak were advertising that it was her first of two albums for 2010. its quite rare for a record label of any sort to go out and make a commitment like that if its likely that it wont happen.

but i just want her to release quailty material rather than something rushed.

Yeah, I've got a poster that claims I Speak Because I Can is the first of two albums in 2010. Btw, Rambling Man was just released as the next single and it's B-Side is a studio version of 'Oh Mama How Far I've Come' which a lot of people expected to be on her next album. Very much want to hear it anyways, the live version of that song I have is brilliant.

has anyone seen the special edition of the album . its a cd/dvd set. here is whats in it

- the album itself

- includes a 45 minute behind the scenes documentary, incorporating footage from the 'Laura Marling & Friends' show at the Royal Festival Hall in London last year, and will grant you download access to 5 LM produced tracks from some of the artists who took part (Incl. Johnny Flynn, Alessi's Ark and Pete Roe) via LM.com, plus a 16 page lyrics booklet - will also be available. Bonus - Devil's Spoke video.

DVD tracklisting

1. Laura Marling - Crawled Out Of The Sea

2. Laura Marling - Hope In The Air

3. Pete Roe - Devil's Dancefloor

4. Peggy Sue - The Sea, The Sea

5. Mumford & Sons - Thistle & Weeds

6. Laura Marling - Night Terror

7. Sons Of Noel & Adrian - Indigo

8. Andrew Bird - Headsoak

9. Laura Marling - Blackberry Stone

10. Alessi's Ark - Hummingbird

11. Johnny Flynn - Been Listening