✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2010 Oscar Nominations AND Winners! (UPDATES IN FIRST POST)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, but all I'm saying is that they look shit. I don't actually know. Inglourious Basterds in particular looks like a mindfucked idea of a film, I'm downloading it now.

I get it. But why do you want to see it if it doesn't look good to you? :\

The Hurt Locker was much better (for the overall story), anyway. I would suggest that one.

I get it. But why do you want to see it if it doesn't look good to you? :\

You serious? :thinking:

Well, to see if it's good or not, obviously.

The Hurt Locker was much better (for the overall story), anyway. I would suggest that one.

OK I should probably download it too as it won, Inglourious should only take about oooooh another 8 hours so after that then sure I'll look at Hurt Locker.

You serious? :thinking:

Well, to see if it's good or not, obviously.

It just seems like you've already made up your mind about it.

But who knows...I've got a fever at the moment, and I'm just not making much sense.

Inglorious Basterds was fantastic.

The Hurt Locker was okay, didn't deserve best picture in my opinion.

Precious was also unbelievable. Mo'nique completely deserved her Oscar.

That's the problem with movies. One man's trash could be another man's treasure. It's all about personal taste.

It just seems like you've already made up your mind about it.

It may seem like that, but I've never loved the plotlines for any of Tarantino's stuff, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, it was the dialogue and slick directing that made each film what it is. And although a film about Brad Pitt killing Nazi's looks fucking awful, I should at least see it before I can know for sure.

Besides, its about time I caught up with the film world.

It may seem like that, but I've never loved the plotlines for any of Tarantino's stuff, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, it was the dialogue and slick directing that made each film what it is. And although a film about Brad Pitt killing Nazi's looks fucking awful, I should at least see it before I can know for sure.

Besides, its about time I caught up with the film world.

Brad Pitt is not the star of that movie, him and the "Basterds" play a minor role tbh.

The dialogue is genuinely up there with his older stuff, there is one scene in a bar which takes about half an hour and it's absolutely brilliant. The Brad Pitt bits are just comic relief, the real brilliance lies in the "Jew Hunter" (who is so good) and the cinema owner, seriously for all it's short comings, it's a great movie.

I actually like the Academy and was generally pleased with the winners. But...

1. Ok, I haven't seen Crazy Heart but Colin Firth was unbelievable in A Single Man.

2. Academy is totally in love with Penelope Cruz and it's annoying. WHY WASN'T MÉLANIE LAURENT NOMINATED? She was damn awesome in Basterds. And WTF both women of Up In The Air? Seriously?

3. Original score should have been for Sherlock Holmes.

4. A Single Man should have even had a nomination in art direction and the movie. Because it's one of the best films of the year - but maybe it's just too good for the Academy (wouldn't be the first time, 2001: A Space Odyssey).

Like...ever? Or just for now?

You could always try *dramatic chord* renting! :surprised:

1. Ok, I haven't seen Crazy Heart but Colin Firth was unbelievable in A Single Man.

Jeff Bridges was very good in Crazy Heart. I think he deserved the Oscar.

Plus, he seems really, really nice.