✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Grammys are a joke!

Dejan

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Grammys, like all entertainment awards, are about politics and mutual backslapping, not about whether somebody deserves to get one or not.

This.

Maybe, but it seems to be worse in the Grammys than anywhere else. At least, it does to me.

You haven't seen the 'french grammys'. It's worst :dozey:

i've never been a fan of the grammys... honestly last year was the first year i ever watched them, because last year seemed like an actual good year... this one on the other hand...

Any "awards" that can even nominate Lady Gargoyle can't be taken seriously in any shape or form whatsoever.:dozey:

So i gotta be the one who comes in and defends the grammys? Ugh, it's so difficult.

It's very flawed, especially this past decade when most of the awards when to older folks who should have won when they were younger but didn't. It's like social security, the good albums of the youngsters pay their dues and when their old and washed up they reward them with grammys they didn't earn. Radiohead will win soon enough.

In years like this year, the year outkast won etc. the picks make more sense to me. Pop is an undeniable aspect of music, and representative of the common perspective of music for that year. When i think of music for 2009, i think of muse and doves. The majority of the country thinks about taylor swift and lady gaga. That's why taylor swift won. and i can't argue that.

and before you bash zac brown band give them a listen. Don't just dismiss country as i initially did, because they impressed me.

you make some good points.

Of course the album and song of the year are going to go to the more popular artists because it only makes sense. At the same time there will always be artists that show up being nominated (U2, Allison Krauss, etc).

Although it makes sense that we will go to those artists it also is obvious why I won't watch them because I'm not so much into listening to them.

If they had more of a grammy show that focused more on alternative/indie artist i'd be more inclined to watch them.

what i dont understand is that the panel who nominate the artists are meant to be some of the best musical minds in the US, they are most respected and most significant names in the industry. if those people believe that the best music of the year was written by the likes of Lady Gaga, Black Eyed Peas and Taylor Swift, what hope does our art have?

the influence of the major labels on the awards is just as disturbing but thats just the way the world works.

It's very flawed, especially this past decade when most of the awards when to older folks who should have won when they were younger but didn't. It's like social security, the good albums of the youngsters pay their dues and when their old and washed up they reward them with grammys they didn't earn. Radiohead will win soon enough.

The fact that Neil Young won his first ever Grammy this year makes me wonder how long Radiohead will have to wait for a Grammy.