✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

This is getting fucking ridiculous.

noonsun

Why are torrents so evil?

The last three times I tried downloading torrent files I've gotten infected with clones of Antivirus Live, which is fucking bullshit, because three times in a row is just pathetic pathetic pathetic. And one of these torrents was up since BEFORE Antivirus Live came around... so... yeah this is getting pathetic.

Don't really have a problem here I mean I'm pretty good at getting rid of these things at this point so I'm just complaining and also warning people against torrenting in the near future I suppose.

But I don't have money, why would I be illegally downloading in the first place if I did? :P

where are you downloading from?

Like... various places. Idk really. :blank: I used a torrent search so never payed much attention to where they came from.

You should watch streams on sites like megavideo then if it's available!

I like putting them on my ipod and watching them away from the computer though </3 I can't stay on long enough to really watch them usually.

You've really got to know what file size to expect to pick out bad torrent files. Also, check on the torrent link page to see if there are any comments saying "fake, virus".

These two combined and I've never gotten a virus from uTorrent, so I am guessing you just suck.

You've really got to know what file size to expect to pick out bad torrent files. Also, check on the torrent link page to see if there are any comments saying "fake, virus".

These two combined and I've never gotten a virus from uTorrent, so I am guessing you just suck.

I do check the album sizes and stuff... but jesus I'm talking an entire season of a TV show here, idk what the quality is or whatever... sniff...

Well episode sizes tend to float around 100MB-200MB a piece on my compy at the moment... and the evil Coldplay South Bank Show is 400 for 50 minutes.

Just correcting: The TDX rules says that TV show episodes with up to 30 minutes must have 175MB (233MB with 23-30 minutes is also acceptable), episodes with 30-50 should have 350MB and episodes with more than 50 minutes must have 700MB for every hour, (550MB with 50-60 minutes is also acceptable); the resulting AVI file must always fit into a CD (if it doesn't, it should be divided in multiple files).

And a hint to the thread creator: try getting an account for a private tracker, like TorrentLeech (for TV shows, movies, and games) and What.CD (for music).

If you can't pay for it, then you probably don't need it.

That's not true!

I need Lost, and I just can't pay for it (maybe because they are only sold after the season finished).

I might mooch a download off now and again, bsides or whatever and occassinal a full album but I always make a point of buying it legally in due course.

I agree. If I download something I really like, I try to buy it legally. And sometimes I download things I already have in vinyl, no harm done.