✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Who is your favourite British Curling Olympian in 2010 and why?

MrMagpie

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone see the women's final? it was intense...the canadians had it locked up, ahead by two with two rocks to play, and no swedish rocks in play. Then Bernard jams a take-out, and in extra ends, misses a tight double to win. I was away during the game and was told the result, but when I went back and watched I simply couldn't believe Canada would lose until I saw it happen.

I was away during the game and was told the result, but when I went back and watched I simply couldn't believe Canada would lose until I saw it happen.

Haha, that must have been weird.

It was pretty unbelievable watching it live, but knowing the result and seeing it happen part by part, you'd probably be wondering how it could possibly go wrong.

anyone see the women's final? it was intense...the canadians had it locked up, ahead by two with two rocks to play, and no swedish rocks in play. Then Bernard jams a take-out, and in extra ends, misses a tight double to win. I was away during the game and was told the result, but when I went back and watched I simply couldn't believe Canada would lose until I saw it happen.

I know, it was so close. It wasn't really any big mistakes either, just tempermental ice that was catching both sides out.

But that's what makes curling so much fun to watch (says I)- eleven ends of strategy and big shots comes down to one single shot at the very end. Make it and you win. Miss it and you lose. And missing it could be a matter of the slightest gesture to throw the weight off, a tiny millimeter in direction at the throw,or a little ice pebble that's come loose throwing the stone off. No pressure. :P

Both sides played brilliantly. Well won Sweden. :D

Surprisingly I have never gone skiing or snowboarding before. I have done cross country, but that is pretty much like walking in oversized shoes.
I went skiing once. It was terrifying and I never made it off the bunny hill. :tongue:

Haha, that must have been weird.

It was pretty unbelievable watching it live, but knowing the result and seeing it happen part by part, you'd probably be wondering how it could possibly go wrong.

lol, well actually what happened is a an unreliable friend of mine said that canada creamed sweden by 3 or 4 points, but when I go to the nbc website, it says 'sweden steals a victory'. When I was watching the game I almost convinced myself that they could've been talking about the semi-final game or something. It was also awkward realizing exactly how canada would miss. I'd analyze the position and think 'How does canada not win this game?!? its in the...oh shit! she's gonna jam on the yellow! I can't watch!!!1!1!'