✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Who is your favourite British Curling Olympian in 2010 and why?

MrMagpie

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We actually switched out our skip for our vice-skip because Schuster had screwed up so many last shots. I much prefer Smith, even if he did fuck up a few shots, including the one I mentioned. As optimistic I've been, and as close as our scores have been, its pretty obvious by now that both U.S. teams are pretty weak. Much weaker than last olympics, just making inexcusable mistakes on a consistent basis. After our men play Canada I'll switch my focus to the more talented match-ups.

I doubt whether anyone's really being serious. I'd be very surprised if they were.:rolleyes:

I think Chris is being serious since he is a curler himself.

And I have been talking with Nathan quite a bit about curling the past few days so I know that most people are actually serious and are actually following it.

Only when it's something so toe-curlingly dull.......................... :rolleyes:

Anyway, even though the thread reeks of facetiousness, I don't really give a monkey's.:P

Way to sound ignorant, Mark.

Seriously. I don't like it, either, but there are people out there, whether you choose to believe it or not, that do. There's no reason to diss a thread just because YOU, one individual, view this thread to be complete nonsense.

Way to sound ignorant, Mark.

Seriously. I don't like it, either, but there are people out there, whether you choose to believe it or not, that do. There's no reason to diss a thread just because YOU, one individual, view this thread to be complete nonsense.

I'm not dissing the thread (unlike certain others, who diss my threads all the time).

I'm merely saying I find it hard to believe certain individuals (based on their usual way of interacting) are being totally serious here.

If you're saying that no threads should be "dissed" on that basis, however, then you should point that out the next time they do it too.

It happens pretty frequently.;)

The thread title itself leads one to believe it's a joke, as the "subject" (British Curling Olympian) is so obscure.

I could have taken it more seriously if the title had been "The Official Curling Thread" or something like that, although I would still have had my doubts.

It's not WHAT you're saying, so much as the WAY in which you're saying it.

Why is it so hard to believe that people can be serious about curling? That in itself confuses me. Are you really that narrow-minded?

What I'm saying is that threads which have a purpose (e.g. THIS one) shouldn't be dissed because you think it's pointless.

I didn't take it as a joke at all, actually.

It's not WHAT you're saying, so much as the WAY in which you're saying it.

Why is it so hard to believe that people can be serious about curling? That in itself confuses me.

Not anyone, just certain people (for good reason).

What I'm saying is that threads which have a purpose (e.g. THIS one) shouldn't be dissed because you think it's pointless.

You could say that about pretty much any thread. So you don't even find the title obscure?:confused:

I would have been less surprised if Briggins had created a thread entitled "Who is your favourite Canadian Curling Olympian?", wouldn't you?

You know what, forget it. I don't have time to argue this with you.

No seriously, I have Botany lab in 10 minutes. :P

Ok. Have fun!:P

Anyway, the British women ultimately sucked as they finished second from last. Big-time "fail". Nothing to be proud of whatsoever.:dozey:

Mark is right about the thread being about a pretty obscure subject (I mean I didn't know many of the British curlers by name before this thread).

But at the same time it is also a thread to talk about Olympic curling for those who enjoy it. Normally I'm not a big curling fan. But my best friend is a curler so its been fun learning more about the sport from him and from watching the games.

And with Canada's curling performance so far it has been a thrill to watch.

Mark is right about the thread being about a pretty obscure subject (I mean I didn't know many of the British curlers by name before this thread).

And I'm sure you will also admit there was more than a touch of irony about the title (not that I have a problem with that, of course).

But at the same time it is also a thread to talk about Olympic curling for those who enjoy it. Normally I'm not a big curling fan. But my best friend is a curler so its been fun learning more about the sport from him and from watching the games.

Fair enough. When you say that, I can actually take it seriously (especially bearing in mind that winter sports are huge in Canada, unlike in Britain).

And with Canada's curling performance so far it has been a thrill to watch.

Which is more than you can say for the British women, who were pretty awful when all's said and done. About as good as the Canadian alpine skiers have been up to now.:P

The men might still scrape into the semis, I suppose.............................

And I'm sure you will also admit there was more than a touch of irony about the title (not that I have a problem with that, of course).

Fair enough. When you say that, I can actually take it seriously (especially bearing in mind that winter sports are huge in Canada, unlike in Britain).

Which is more than you can say for the British women, who were pretty awful when all's said and done. About as good as the Canadian alpine skiers have been up to now.:P

The men might still scrape into the semis, I suppose.............................

Yeah winter sports are going to be bigger in a country that is obsessed with sports on ice, ice-rinks in practically every town regardless of size, and mountains (or in the case of Nova Scotia hills :P )

Yeah winter sports are going to be bigger in a country that is obsessed with sports on ice, ice-rinks in practically every town regardless of size, and mountains (or in the case of Nova Scotia hills :P )

I tend to prefer sports with more "action", such as the skiing and ski-jumping, especially the skiing, as I love to ski myself. Hopefully I'll get to do some next month.

I should know more by tomorrow.;)

Surprisingly I have never gone skiing or snowboarding before.

:stunned:

I thought all Canadians were born on skis!:P

I have done cross country, but that is pretty much like walking in oversized shoes.

Never interested me. Seems too much like hard work!;)

I'm excited for the men's ariels final since we have 3 Canadians in the finals.

How many finalists are there altogether?