✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Irish: ladies and men

Manders

[shadow=white:9d320050c6]Okay, so you know how america has its little patriotic songs like.....god bless america....and proud to be an american.....well i was listening to a "the corrs" album (live in dublin) and bono and the lead singer were singing a song called "summer wine"(i like it :sneaky: )[also the crowd went mad crazy for it and it isnt on any lyric sites for either u2 or the corrs and i cant find it online) and for some odd reason i got this weird analogy in my head that goes:

"summer wine" is to ireland...as "god bless america" is to usa... so is this song like an "ireland/patriotic song" to irleand or what? just wandering, hope you nice people so not mind.[/shadow:9d320050c6]

OK i got another thought. think "oh danny boy" .....well known song in ireland.....so is summer wine like one of those songs. that people sing alot?

later.

Oh I ADORE Irish music and films set in Ireland. One day I shall go there and taste it for real!! Danny Boy - did anyone see Last Night of the Proms? That group of young Irish girls - it was fantastic! I don't know Summer Wine, nor Fields of Athenry - sounds lovely though.

Fields of Athenry deals with a young couple being torn apart during the British Oppression and subsequent famine that hit Ireland, as the young guy steals corn so the family can live, but steals from a British landowner, and so gets deported to Australia :(

sad song :(

yeah its always sang here at parties without fail!!!! :) was singing it on sat night :smug:

some lyrics for ya's :)

By a lonely prison wall I heard a young girl callin'

Michael they have taken you away

For you stole Trevelyn's corn

So the young might see the morn

Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay.

Low lie the fields of Athenry,

Where once we watched the small free bird fly

Our love was on the wing, we had dreams and songs to sing

It's so lonely round the fields of Athenry.

By a lonely harbour wall she watched the last star falling

As that prison ship sailed out against the sky

For she'll live in hope and pray

For her love in Botany Bay

It's so lonely round the fields of Athenry