✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Canadian Pol: "My heart, my choice"

Saffire

The Canadians and many American politicians argue that Canadian healthcare is a superior system because it is completely socialized (rather than being only mostly-socialized like the American system). Yet Canadian politicians routinely come down here to America so they can have access to better doctors and hospitals.

Danny Williams hates Harper so much there's a little bit of me that wonders if he pulled this just to embarrass him.

And that's politician single. As in not routine, merely one Danny Williams, wealthy rabble rouser with a notoriously big mouth. Seriously, you should look up the guy. He certainly keeps local politics interesting.

(Though to be fair, Newfoundland's population is such that Toronto-style healthcare is a little out of reach even with equalization...which they don't have any more. Of course under the American system the whole island would probably be so astronomically unprofitable that no private hospital would dare set up shop and then Mr. Williams would HAVE to leave to get treatment...)

Well.....I say Swedish health care still kicks the crap out of any other in the world, except maybe the Arab Emirates and Norway.

Is there a Mayo Clinic in Sweden? Didn't think so.

When the government makes something "free", it is effectively monopolizing that sector of the economy, which lowers incentive to improve quality and reduce price.

When the government makes something "free", it is effectively monopolizing that sector of the economy, which lowers incentive to improve quality and reduce price.

Well, America has ways to go before reaching Scandivanvia :rolleyes: and I hope a Mayo Clinic isn't what it sounds like :thinking:....

mayonnaise.jpg

Their healthcare system is so good they don't need one. :thinking:

As for incentives, that's what voters are for.