✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Very brief mention of Coldplay in John Mayer interview with Playboy

politikgirl

Full article here: http://www.playboy.com/articles/john-mayer-playboy-interview/index.html?page=1

The reference to Coldplay:

PLAYBOY: What percentage of the album is about Aniston?

MAYER: I don’t want to say. I feel bad because people think “Heartbreak Warfare” is about her. I want to go on record saying it’s not. That woman would never use heartbreak warfare. That woman was the most communicative, sweetest, kindest person. When people hear the record, I hope the songs make them think about their lives, not my life. Like, when you listen to Coldplay, do you think about Gwyneth Paltrow? I don’t write songs in order to stick it to my exes. I don’t release underground dis tracks. [laughs]

Just thought I'd share!

I thought that line was pretty funny too. :D

But the rest of the interview contains way too much personal information. I prefer Chris's policy of not talking about Gwyneth in interviews. John Mayer needs to take a page from Mr. Martin. No one needs to know about how great Jessica Simpson is in bed and all that other stuff, although the interview as a whole is rather... "enlightening". ;)

John Mayer needs to stop being such a douchebag. :P

Based on that article, I'm sure he'd get a real kick out of us calling him a douchebag. He really does come across as a total douche in that interview though...

In all seriousness, though, the reason I don't think about Gwyneth when I listen to Coldplay is because Chris doesn't rub his relationship with Gwyneth in everyone's face, and I don't know way too much information about their relationship that I can't help but wonder if any of the lyrics are about her. In contrast to John Mayer, the public can't help but be confronted with information about his relationships with Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Aniston - so it's no wonder everyone wonders if this or that lyric is about whichever Hollywood bimbo he's dating. So I'm not sure if his point about "when you listen to Coldplay, do you think about Gwyneth Paltrow?" really has any applicability to his own music.

Anyone who calls John Mayer a douche bag really means "I wish I got to nail Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Aniston". Fact.

Straight female here. I call John Mayer a douchebag all the time and really don't want to "nail" Simpson or Aniston, lol.

I'm a massive Coldplay fan and a massive John Mayer fan. He is an incredible guitarist and I love his music. He is a bit of a douche but i think there is a nice guy under all that crap.

Agreed - he's a fantastic guitarist. Very impressive live.

I really do think he's a douchebag though. ;)