✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay autograph experts: Is this legit?

mrman78

I just bought this off Ebay, since it seemed like a great deal and I needed another copy of Live 2003... My other one is :dead: :shame:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150419573922

Anyway, I did a 'Best Offer' thing and it first didn't get accepted, but second did and I was kind of surprised. :surprised:

Based on the sigs, it looks real to me. The seller also has a TON of positive reviews AND accepts returns, so that also leads me to thinking (hoping!) it is real!

I just wanted some comparisons from those who have obtained autographs in person and those who won stuff in the End of Decade auction!!

I've wanted a signed item for so damn long, and since I doubt I'll ever meet them and I didn't win anything in the Auction, this is the next best thing! :dozey::lol:

So, opinions? :uhoh:

Is there a way you can actually get it officially authenticated?

Thanks guys...

Yeah, apparently it does come with a COA. I've been reading their feedback, they have over 3000 and it's 99% positive. There are other signed items that were sold too by other artists.

Anyway, I'm thinking it's real. I guess if I find out otherwise in a reasonable amount of time I can return it :lol:

I don't know, I bougth a partiture of Trouble with their autographs (will, guy, chris and jonny), and I'm sure it's original, but everytime the signatures look so different when I compare with other! So, here my partiture...

dsc00673m.th.jpg

Wow! Nice! Both look legit, but obviously you would never really know for sure. :\ Some people are very good at forging signatures. :shrug:

Wow! Nice! Both look legit, but obviously you would never really know for sure. :\ Some people are very good at forging signatures. :shrug:

You're right... That's so sad...

But I think my partiture do part of several other and it received the autographs in some moment when the guys start that activity, and later, they send all the stuffs with signs for some people... I don't know how and what the name of that activity...:confused: I believe that be something like the photo bellow, where Guy is signing photos and cds, etc.

signing.th.jpg

Here is an example of the risks in collecting autographs:

Lawsuits And Controversy Over Autographed Memorabilia With Doctored Celebrity Signing Photos

I write a lot of articles about memorabilia fraud, and I would put little faith into COAs and/or eBay feedback, generally speaking. I've helped to expose sellers with thousands of positive feedback and certificates of authenticity as frauds.

I personally only collect autographs if I personally obtain them or if they come from a "direct" source (i.e. a company officially licensed to represent the maker of the autograph). Autographs in particular are very easy to fake, especially in the Internet/Photoshop era.

Jason

Here is an example of the risks in collecting autographs:

Lawsuits And Controversy Over Autographed Memorabilia With Doctored Celebrity Signing Photos

I write a lot of articles about memorabilia fraud, and I would put little faith into COAs and/or eBay feedback, generally speaking. I've helped to expose sellers with thousands of positive feedback and certificates of authenticity as frauds.

I personally only collect autographs if I personally obtain them or if they come from a "direct" source (i.e. a company officially licensed to represent the maker of the autograph). Autographs in particular are very easy to fake, especially in the Internet/Photoshop era.

Jason

Wow, well thanks for the info. Oh well, good thing is, if it's a fake it didn't cost me much, and if it's real it didn't cost me much, so it'll be good for now :lol:

Maybe one day I'll be able to find out if it's real or not, or I'll actually be able to get one in person! :wacky:

At least I have another copy of Live 2003 I can watch as well :)

I think it's part of a charity that Coldplay participated in, and that was the artwork they decided to submit.

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67870

EDIT: The seller seems like the real charity, so I'd say that the butterfly painting is real. :)