✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Earth Hour 2010 (video plays Fix You) // post your city's Earth Hour pictures

In a telescope lens

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF?? Why should they refuse something so good like this?? :S It's for our planet and we all live in it!! Btw I think it was about turning off everything that uses cable electricity...like pc's too. I hope a lot of people partecipated, it's really important and I don't see why someone should actually refuse to do something like this.

WTF?? Why should they refuse something so good like this?? :S It's for our planet and we all live in it!! Btw I think it was about turning off everything that uses cable electricity...like pc's too. I hope a lot of people partecipated, it's really important and I don't see why someone should actually refuse to do something like this.

I see your point. I've already noticed that adults, specially older ones, are the first ones to deny such actions. I may be wrong, but I believe it happens because, when they were young, things used to be really different. I mean, it wasn't common to hear about the importance of sustainable development (this therm appeared only in 1987), there wasn't debates concerning water ending, global warming, animal extinction... All these subjects gained its deserved importance only in the 90's. And I guess it's really hard to change people's minds when they have already lots of crystallized concepts. I would love everyone to take part of it, but I understand that's something extremely hard to get.

On the other hand, some people just seem not to care, what I consider a total disrespect. I've seen loooots of shitty comments on youtube... :disappointed:

I see your point. I've already noticed that adults, specially older ones, are the first ones to deny such actions. I may be wrong, but I believe it happens because, when they were young, things used to be really different. I mean, it wasn't common to hear about the importance of sustainable development (this therm appeared only in 1987), there wasn't debates concerning water ending, global warming, animal extinction... All these subjects gained its deserved importance only in the 90's. And I guess it's really hard to change people's minds when they have already lots of crystallized concepts. I would love everyone to take part of it, but I understand that's something extremely hard to get.

On the other hand, some people just seem not to care, what I consider a total disrespect. I've seen loooots of shitty comments on youtube... :disappointed:

I know, I totally agree with you. It's so sad when people just don't care about things like this... I mean it's something for everyone, cos it's OUR planet and it's up to us caring about it. Those shitty comments are just ridiculous nonsense that show just how ignorant those peope are...

I completly agree and I feel that my parents deny about such things... They have the mentality that if It wasn't a problem or concern for them when they were kids, then it shouldn't be a concern for me.