✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay in Beijing, October 2010

Al-Hassan

Hey everyone...

I was reading the latest Q Magazine when I saw something mentioned in there which surprised me!

Coldplay are one of the bands confirmed to headline the Show Of Peace, which will be held on 10th of October, 2010.

Check out the website... the line up of artists and performers is astonishing!!! :shocked2:

http://showofpeace.com/artists.html

Does anyone know further information about this? :)

It's so weird that this is happening in China when the Chinese government are sending planes and weapons to countries like Sudan, the DRC and Zimbabwe - which helps these government kill their own people, let them starve etc...oh well...Yeah.I'm not a big fan of China's foreign policy.

No, they just put Careful Where You Stand instead of Spies on Parachutes, you can find all their other albums without problem there :)

This show was originally scheduled for April 17, and I was really hoping it could happen since I'm going to Beijing those days, but yeah, it's a list of target artists and if the band wants to have the album out before the end of the year I highly doubt they will play there, it would be too much stress just to play 2-3 songs

I was excited at first, but I am not now.

I can not stand it if Coldplay have to share the stage with the stupid shit like 李宇春 Chris Lee and 周杰伦 Jay Chou. I hate them and to be honest they are really nobody who knows nothing.

And this is definitly just the target invited artists list.

yeah, I knew one day they would come. And it seems they would not say NO to invitation with such a good cause. But I was expecting they come to city like Guangzhou or Shanghai, you know, not as political as Beijing.

I am just expecting their next tour in HK since I have missed the last two.

hi, can anyone tell me what's going with this " Spies Banned In China" thing. I don't really get it. I heard this saying before and I tried to understand the lyrics but I just don't get it. How come it have anything to do with China and how come it be banned in China. Can anyone give me a clue please, cuz I know my English is not good and maybe it's an understanding thing.

I never read anything official about this, I only know it's not in the Chinese version of Parachutes, which is kinda strange and probably led people to believe it was sort of banned, but yeah, I don't get the reason either to be honest :shrug:

Yeah, I have read or heard it back in 2001, when Chris said, they were banned in China, because of the lyrics of the song "Spies", "expressing" everyone is being spied on.

But I have bought some CDs in regular stores in China and you always get posters and stuff with them, it's just awesome and in the past they had had pirated albums *cough* which had B-Sides on them...

I hope they come to Shanghai to the EXPO...that would be awesome.

Yeah I love the Chinese Viva la Vida with the poster and the cards, and cds are so cheap there (even tough they used to be even cheaper three years ago when I went there for the first time), I always come home with a handful of them, and I guess it's gonna be the same this time around :D

Oh and thanks for explaining the reason why Spies is not, let's say, welcome in China :)

Notice: About the Date Change of the International Show of Peace Concert to October 10,2010

With the agreement of Ministry of Culture, the Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries (CPAFFC) and the organizers of the International Show of Peace Concert have discussed and decided to change the date of the concert to October 10, 2010 ‐ 10/10/10.

The concert, originally planned for April 17, will be held at Beijing’s Bird’s Nest Stadium. The CPAFFC has considered all aspects. To ensure the absolute success of the concert, the leaders concerned have deliberated and decided to adjust the date of the concert to October 10th, 2010.

http://showofpeace.com/press/notice-about-the-date-change-of-the-international-show-of-peace-concert-to-october-102010.html