✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

SPIN Magazine's Top 125 Albums of the Past 25yrs!

berrywoman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because if you were to pick from U2 pick The Joshua Tree which was a far better album.

I prefer Joshua Tree, too (only slightly). But I've come to accept that Achtung Baby is a more highly regarded album more times than not.

I compare it to the Nirvana's "Nevermind" to Pearl Jam's "Ten" debate. I much prefer "Ten" and think it is a far better album. However, I've come to accept that most critics and music fans think Nevermind is the better album. Therefore, I am never shocked or surprised when I see Nevermind in a higher position.

Joshua Tree sold more copies (I believe), but I usually see Achtung Baby ranked higher. Of course, that's not always the case. Both are amazing albums, IMO. Now I'm going to have to go and look through other lists to see which album is consistently ranked higher. You've sparked a curiosity.

lol I was just raised to believe that Joshua Tree was THE U2 album and that everyone else in the world thought so too. Lol probably also why I can't enjoy any U2 post Joshua Tree...I was raised to believe it was all downhill from there. :P

Shess! *fist pump*

haha. I didn't say all lists. i could produce at least 3 lists from credible publications in a matter of seconds ranking Achtung Baby ahead of Joshua Tree. But I am finding Joshua Tree ranked higher at least as frequently, if not more so.

Thank you. Are you trying to give me a compliment as a consolation prize? Because I am still not considering you a clear cut winner. I am just saying you have plenty of ammunition to back your claim. I know, I know...still a fist pump....haha.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Achtung Baby is the ultimate U2 album. Joshua Tree is good, but it's no where near their greatest. It's a bit overhyped whereas Achtung Baby, The Unforgettable Fire and War are underhyped - but better albums.

^then why are you here? haha

Achtung Baby is the ultimate U2 album. Joshua Tree is good, but it's no where near their greatest. It's a bit overhyped whereas Achtung Baby, The Unforgettable Fire and War are underhyped - but better albums.

Achtung is my favorite but I think that Joshua Tree is quintessential U2. I mean it has the classic U2 sound that everyone knows.

^then why are you here? haha

Achtung is my favorite but I think that Joshua Tree is quintessential U2. I mean it has the classic U2 sound that everyone knows.

It's debatable. Every band wishes they had people debating over which of two masterpieces is better. I can only think of a handful of bands with this "problem."