✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Snooker [Latest - UK Championship, Barbican Centre, York 26 November to 8 December)

Reilly

The last session was extremely slow and ponderous. Robertson even managed to waste five minutes on one shot.:dozey:

There should definitely be an official time limit on each shot so everyone knows where they stand (or sit).;)

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought that was the argument of people who aren't real fans of snooker, personally I'm willing to wait 5 minutes as the shot/game will be of better quality then if the players are rushed.

But you're right about the quality, it's not been a good final from what I've seen. The tournament as a whole hasn't been great.

I always thought that was the argument of people who aren't real fans of snooker, personally I'm willing to wait 5 minutes as the shot/game will be of better quality then if the players are rushed.

Five minutes was taking the p*ss, though. Even the commentators said so.:dozey:

But you're right about the quality, it's not been a good final from what I've seen. The tournament as a whole hasn't been great.

Apart from The Legend's heroics, of course.:cool:

Haha! Just out of curiosity, why do you want Robertson to win so much? Just a big supporter?
Yeah I like the way he plays. That and I'd like to see history being made. First Aussie to win the WC at the Crucible? Come on Thunder from Down Under!

not before 2am at this rate, that last frame was 45 mins!

As I said, the general play was far too tedious. It was almost as if The Grinder had returned to haunt the final.

I couldn't be bothered to watch the final session.:dozey:

Guest howyousawtheworld

Robertson is a deserved winner. Interesting tournament, especially during the first week, but the final was a bit drab and has been for the last 3 finals now. Still no final in the recent era has matched that of Hendy v Ebdon in 2002 with Williams v Doherty the year after coming 2nd.

Robertson is a deserved winner. Interesting tournament, especially during the first week, but the final was a bit drab and has been for the last 3 finals now. Still no final in the recent era has matched that of Hendy v Ebdon in 2002 with Williams v Doherty the year after coming 2nd.

The fact both finalists were lacking in the charisma department didn't help matters, either.:dozey:

Parrott or Davis (can't remember which) made a good point about starting the final day at 12pm and 6pm respectively to avoid burnout. That was not a good final to watch because they were too tired and the crowd were not getting involved enough. They probably all had work in the morning!

Guest howyousawtheworld

Same here - I think Robertson's a good enough personality for snooker. It's just a gut wrenching shame the final wasn't O'Sullivan v Williams.

• 11 months later...

Latest Snooker World Championship 2011

FIRST ROUND RESULTS (best of 19 frames)

Stuart Bingham (Eng) 10-8 Peter Ebdon (Eng)

Ronnie O'Sullivan (Eng) 10-2 Dominic Dale (Wal)

Stephen Hendry (Sco) 10-9 Joe Perry (Eng)

Stephen Maguire (Sco) 9-10 Barry Hawkins (Eng)

Ding Junhui (Chn) 10-2 Jamie Burnett (Sco)

Mark Williams (Wal) 10-5 Ryan Day (Wal)

Ali Carter (Eng) 10-3 Dave Harold (Eng)

Shaun Murphy (Eng) 10-1 Marcus Campbell (Scot)

Jamie Cope (Eng) 10-7 Andrew Pagett (Wal)

Neil Robertson (Aus) 8-10 Judd Trump (Eng)

Guest howyousawtheworld

I so hope to see a good effort from Hendry. If this is to be his last tourny then give it all you've got Stephen! And the same goes for O'Sullivan.

I so hope to see a good effort from Hendry. If this is to be his last tourny then give it all you've got Stephen! And the same goes for O'Sullivan.

Would be great to see him go on a run, what Steve Davis managed last year was exciting for everyone.