✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No anxypanxy is Geordan who I met at my show. We met Jamie together but her dad didn't want her out in the rain anymore waiting for Damon anymore so he made her go back to their hotel :cry: I felt so bad she couldn't of stayed :(

Ohh I see, didn't make the connection between her username and real name the first time round. That really sucks, but I guess her dad was worried for her health. Doesn't make the situation less bad. :bigcry:

OMG you guys I'm totally getting butterflies now! I am still not believing I got pit tix (I swear to God something is gonna even this out in my life, HAHA!!!!!) Tomorrow is gonna be CRAY-CRAY!!!! :D

I posted this on Tumblr too-I won't be available tomorrow (internet-wise) as I have to start my day pretty early, but I would love to keep in touch with as many of you as possible-so if you want to exchange phone numbers we can do that-just either use the PM box here or the ASK box at tumblr (I have Lizzy's now! :heart:)-that way if Operartion Gorillaz Facetime is a success for me I can let all yalls know right away! *BIG HUGS*

Oh yes please! But only if she doesn't mind :)

Ah ok.. well in a nut shell, she met Paul before the gig first. He said Damon always takes a nap on his bus before the show so maybe you can catch him before the show too.

Then after the show I guess she had to wait 2 1/2 hours :stunned:

I guess they've really been partying it up lately having some crazy after parties or something :lol:

Anyway, practically the whole band came out and she Damon came out and even her aunt was orgasming LOL he really is just breathtakingly gorgeous right there in the flesh.

And she got two pics like I posted and she asked if she could have a big hug... and he of course! And she said they hugged for seriously about 30 sec. :bomb::bomb: and she had her face in his leather jacket just hugging him for so long :dead: *DIES*

Then he signed her Democrazy vinyl and said how he was working on another one of them and was surprised she had it. Then he signed her sailor hat and she told him how her and friends were at the Houston show and how they ran after the buses and they didn't stop.

He said he was sorry and the buses were locked up underground and they had to be at the next stop at a certain time and driving through TX is a long drive. Then she said, "I guess I can forgive you..." and she said he looked up and laughed at her and was like, "Cheeky, girl!" LMFAO!:lol:

Then he moved on to get pics iwth other fans and she got Smoggy's autograph i guess too LOL and got his picture and told him he looked like a huge Dave :laugh3: He said he gets that a lot! HAHAH

So yeah those are the highlights :)

OMG you guys I'm totally getting butterflies now! I am still not believing I got pit tix (I swear to God something is gonna even this out in my life, HAHA!!!!!) Tomorrow is gonna be CRAY-CRAY!!!! :D

I posted this on Tumblr too-I won't be available tomorrow (internet-wise) as I have to start my day pretty early, but I would love to keep in touch with as many of you as possible-so if you want to exchange phone numbers we can do that-just either use the PM box here or the ASK box at tumblr (I have Lizzy's now! :heart:)-that way if Operartion Gorillaz Facetime is a success for me I can let all yalls know right away! *BIG HUGS*

lmao! I'm guessing you won't mind if I post anything in here if you do text me and say you met Damon or something? :shy:

Ah ok.. well in a nut shell, she met Paul before the gig first. He said Damon always takes a nap on his bus before the show so maybe you can catch him before the show too.

I guess they've really been partying it up lately having some crazy after parties or something :lol:

Anyway, practically the whole band came out and she Damon came out and even her aunt was orgasming LOL he really is just breathtakingly gorgeous right there in the flesh.

And she got two pics like I posted and she asked if she could have a big hug... and he of course! And she said they hugged for seriously about 30 sec. :bomb::bomb: and she had her face in his leather jacket just hugging him for so long :dead: *DIES*

Then he signed her Democrazy vinyl and said how he was working on another one of them and was surprised she had it. Then he signed her sailor hat and she told him how her and friends were at the Houston show and how they ran after the buses and they didn't stop.

He said he was sorry and the buses were locked up underground and they had to be at the next stop at a certain time and driving through TX is a long drive. Then she said, "I guess I can forgive you..." and she said he looked up and laughed at her and was like, "Cheeky, girl!" LMFAO!:lol:

Then he moved on to get pics iwth other fans and she got Smoggy's autograph i guess too LOL and got his picture and told him he looked like a huge Dave :laugh3: He said he gets that a lot! HAHAH

OMG Dying right now reading this!!!! :stunned: And Smoggy DOES look like Dave!!!!! :D

lmao! I'm guessing you won't mind if I post anything in here if you do text me and say you met Damon or something? :shy:

Oh HELL no BB!!!!!! Thats what I want actually! Go right ahead! :heart:

AHHHH I will then!

Remember everything I told you, hold out by those buses before and after!! Don't leave that venue until those buses pull out you hear me :whip:

LOL!!!!!! I won't BB I promise! :D Where the busses park at Dogde Its really easy and accessable, plus the weather should be good tomorrow!

I'm sooooo excited for you Shani!! It's going to be the best night ever! I hope you have a great time!

That sounds AMAZING! How cute is he? Lucky girl that got to hug him for so long.

I LMAO at Smoggy looking like a huge Dave! It's so damn true :laugh3:

I'm sooooo excited for you Shani!! It's going to be the best night ever! I hope you have a great time!

That sounds AMAZING! How cute is he? Lucky girl that got to hug him for so long.

I LMAO at Smoggy looking like a huge Dave! It's so damn true :laugh3:

*HUGS* Thank you BB!!!!! OOOOH this is gonna be a TRIP!!!!!!!:D

Random picture :

89514603.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D036682341B83C032E0F9E82A73B52E9D447E0A426CE5411A0

I don't know why, but I wish that he pouted his lips in the picture. TROLOLOL. :wacky:

Anyone has a picture of Damon pouting his lips? Just curious. /totally random.

Oh please do that :wacky: I love your icon on twitter you have of Damon Although I don't know if I'll ever be able to change my picture that I have now :lol::wacky:

I'm so happy we are having good luck though because really he hasn't been touring in the US since 2003 with Think Tank! Hayley said when she talked to him, he was so surprised with all the fans he did have here and all the love he's been getting :sneaky: HEEHE

Thanks. :blush:

Your Twitter avi is awezum. :wacky:

:dance::dance: Do update after that, alright? :wacko:

I DEMOAND A REVEW. :P

If you don't mind, of course. :uhoh:

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. 2 and a half hours, but 30 seconds zomg zomg whutttttt. I think it's worth it. TOTALLY WORTH IT. :dead:

All the Damon fans seem to be having so many interesting things to tell. :drunk:

I still can't see the link :sad: wtf.

:bomb:UGHHH that picture! That was the picture all the ebay guys had for Damon to sign :laugh3: They probably just printed it off Wiki LOLZ Fail.

It's an image from Getty Images, so I'm not surprise that the link is a bitch lol.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/89514603/Premium-Archive

LOLLLLL PRINT FROM WIKI? EPIC FAIL.

But it's a darn good picture. :dead:

What else do the ebay guys ask Damon to sign?

OH GOD HE SAW TOM?! :stunned: That's lovely! I'll have to tell Paula in the Kasabian thread, she is Tom's biggest fan hahah!

Yup he did :lol: I think they are on a big break from the band at the moment, serge's missus was giving birth soon so he wanted more time off to spend time with his new family, am I right? I forgot to ask how his hair was :laugh3: I shall do that, I prefer short haired Tom.

Wooooooowwwwzers! Face in his holy leather jacket :wacky: :lol:

I just, cannot imagine him looking better in the flesh than he already does in photos :dead: It must be true as you all say it lol.

It's an image from Getty Images, so I'm not surprise that the link is a bitch lol.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/89514603/Premium-Archive

LOLLLLL PRINT FROM WIKI? EPIC FAIL.

But it's a darn good picture. :dead:

What else do the ebay guys ask Damon to sign?

They had him sign some Plastic Beach programs and some CDs and I think some vinyls too.

Yup he did :lol: I think they are on a big break from the band at the moment, serge's missus was giving birth soon so he wanted more time off to spend time with his new family, am I right? I forgot to ask how his hair was :laugh3: I shall do that, I prefer short haired Tom.

Wooooooowwwwzers! Face in his holy leather jacket :wacky: :lol:

I just, cannot imagine him looking better in the flesh than he already does in photos :dead: It must be true as you all say it lol.

Yes! Serge is a daddeh now! Ahaha I'm a fan of both hair styles on Tom personally lol I like that he goes back and forth.

Also reporting from Shani that she is hanging out by the buses and Mick waved to her already :bomb::bomb::bomb: OH GOD SO EXITED FOR HER!

I finally got my camera back too :wacky:

Sooo I can post some of my concert pics.. I know I spammed them on tumblr but Ly and Perrine can at least see them here :wacky:

tumblr_lax2btGiXJ1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax2enRDLx1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

^ SNOOPEH! :awesome:

tumblr_lax2l4ZH2c1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax2rli6BS1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax2upgO9S1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax39syS3x1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

^ yup. YUP I DID :smug: his pants were literally falling off lmao

tumblr_lax3l2cXEe1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax3rveDg11qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax3xl860Q1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax422QXxt1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax46ePFwT1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax4cn0EP91qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax4h7dJ6R1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax4ugy3r71qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax5593TTC1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

^ looking at me :bomb:

tumblr_lax5ybIaWW1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax6rxpvQ81qcilyeo1_500.jpg

DAT ASS DAT ASS :dead:^^

tumblr_lax7ao8YZD1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax7w5RRlj1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

^ he got tangled up in the White Flag :laugh3:

tumblr_lax847vplR1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

^ then he couldn't get untangled hahaha

tumblr_lax8e7QixA1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax8r8rSYq1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

The rest of them and other pics of the band besides Damon lol are on facebook but those are just my favs :heart:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2097769&id=1206673690&l=c2ef8db93b

OK......Kinda wired right now and have lots of emotions going thru my head.....PLEASE bear with me!!!:D Its been a night of near misses and a VERY good luck-out! :D

I have to start with the bad news....although Damon was sooooooo close to me-my facetime with him never happened. I tried really hard to get his attention while being very courteous and respectful about it (unfortunately this was NOT a happy Damon that a lot of people were fortunate to-he was rather tired and was pressed for time-they had to leave for LA by midnight and it was about 10:30, so I don't blame him at all)-sadly that didn't pay off as some people were being very incosiderate and selfish-I pretty much got squashed and clausterphobic throughout the process. However I am really glad that one sweet girl got her facetime with him-she turned 21 at midnight. Something tells me that maybe the way the crowd was acting, Damon just wasn't in the mood for it, and again, I do not blame him.

HOWEVER......

I got some AWESOME facetime with Mick and Paul (got a hug from Mick even!) Bootie and Rosie, who all signed the group photo in my GQ UK. (See I brought this in the hopes to have Damon sign that cheeky pic of him where he's looking over his shoulder! :laugh3:) I also met Yukimi-I told her how cute she was (I think I embarrassed her-in a good way! :heart:) And I DID get to meet Smoggy-what a sweetheart, seriously! Rosie-let me tell you-she is the most AWESOME chica!!!!!! So sweet, down to earth and AMAZING!!! She kept coming back to see us, and her and I even enjoyed some girl talk! :D She felt bad that Damon had to leave JUST before he could get to me, she knew what pic I wanted him to sign (she freakin LOVED the idea! :laugh3: And she loved how he and Jamie looked in their tuxes for that too!)-she actually offered to take the mag, have him sign it and mail it back to me but feared she might ruin it (:laugh3:)_I told her it was no biggie and that I had no ill feelings for Damon, that I knew he was tired (guys he didn't even crack a smile during meet and greet). She said he seriously is constantly working on different things all the time, which we all know. I teased that the boy multi-tasks more than a woman-she laughed and agreed!:laugh3:

And now......NOBODY expected this.......

JAMIE WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D The word was that he was back in London, but I guess that word was wrong! :D Lemme just say, he MORE than made up for the no facetime with Damon. Aside from finding out that the Tank Girl movie was made in Arizona (didn't know that!;)) He was just completely sweet. I asked him nicely to please sign by his GQ pic (the big one where he's got his hat over his eyes and has his cane up)-which I found out later from Rosie he's not comfortable doing normally-and asked if we could do a picture, which he happily did with me-or tried. My sister's cameraphone (her actual camera died, like my phone did) was tweaking out (funny story-when my sister was sliding her phone for the camera, Jamie asked, 'what kind of camera is THAT?' I laughed and said 'its a cameraphone!' Jamie, really, you've never seen a cameraphone? :laugh3:) and she tried for it twice-at this point I'm thinking 'oh no he's gonna get annoyed' and I told him it's ok, we don't have to-but he was soooo sweet and said 'it's ok, you know, I'll just get these guys at the end and I'll come back to you'. He knew I was bummed that Damon didn't get to me, and when I found out he was there, I was NOT about to let him get away! :laugh3: So he came back to us, my sister's cameraphone worked JUST FOR THAT ONE PIC!!!! :D I turned to Jamie and said 'thank you sooooo much!' and he was like 'nah, come'ere'-gave me a BIG HUG and kiss between my jaw and neck, and did the same to my sister and said 'thank you gorgeous'! :stunned::stunned::stunned::stunned::stunned: (I have to tell you, everytime we posed for a pic we squeezed up tight cheek-to cheek-felt his stubble and everything!) Think I'm becoming more of a Jamie-girl now! :heart: As soon as I get the pic from my sister I will be posting it!!!!

OK-the show!!!!!

I have NEVER been so close to a stage in all of my life!!!! And seeing Damon so close like that-DAMN his eyes are BLUE!!!! :laugh3: He was soooooo beautiful and his jeans and pants AMAZINGLY stayed on again with all of his running around-though the jeans were COMPLETETLY off his ass and there was a hole right on the crack of his red tighties! :laugh3: I'm convinced the boy uses some kind of adhesive for crying out loud!:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Aside from the usual amazing songs (To Binge....OMG......Damon's first verse to Yukimi he snuggled his head against her shoulder as he sang it! :heart:), you've hear Lizzy right-Doncamatic was premiered at our humble little PHX show! :D And Daley was AMAZING!!!!!!! (and rocking some hardcore 'Flock of Seagulls' hair! :laugh3:) And yes-we got PUNK'd!!!!!!:wink3: Such a big surprise-but not as surprising as Damon throwing his water all over us at the beginning of the song!:laugh3: I turned to my sister and joked, 'we possibly got Damon's backwash splashed on us'. She of course cringed. She has no sense of humor. :laugh3: She got some pics on her camera and hopefully after they've been fine-tuned I'll try and show some of them!

All in all-yes, I am disappointed about not getting to meet Damon, but the experiences that I had tonight (and, you know, the fact that he and eye actually did have some moments of eye contact and that he actually saw me-not to mention have his water/possible backwash thrown on me:laugh3:) really did make up for it. I can't really ask for anything more! :D

Sooo I can post some of my concert pics.. I know I spammed them on tumblr but Ly and Perrine can at least see them here :wacky:

tumblr_lax2btGiXJ1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax2enRDLx1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

^ SNOOPEH! :awesome:

tumblr_lax2rli6BS1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax2upgO9S1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax3rveDg11qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax3xl860Q1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax422QXxt1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax7ao8YZD1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax7w5RRlj1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

^ he got tangled up in the White Flag :laugh3:

tumblr_lax8e7QixA1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

The rest of them and other pics of the band besides Damon lol are on facebook but those are just my favs :heart:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2097769&id=1206673690&l=c2ef8db93b

These are SOOOOOO beautiful Lizzy!!!!! OMG tonight was FREAKING amazing!!!!:D:D:D

no ones cares, but today a pharmacist at my work said kind of sort of. i almost busted out laughing. lol.

I care! I love it when things like that happen :laugh3: Everytime someone says 'kind of' or 'sort of' I am instantly reminded of Damon.

Yay! Haha! I cannot believe how much his ass was escaping, clearly all night of the show :lol:

You got some really good pictures there, and you were so close to him :dead: I love how they look so intense on To Binge :wacky:

:laugh3: Ghostleh Damo for halloween with his flag over him!

OMG Shani is doing well! I hope it goes perfect for her :nice:

Ah well, either way the show will be amazing too. Don't be disappointed if you don't meet him though, I hope I'm not getting everyone's hopes up by always saying whose met him on this U.S. tour :\

I'm so happy we are having good luck though because really he hasn't been touring in the US since 2003 with Think Tank! Hayley said when she talked to him, he was so surprised with all the fans he did have here and all the love he's been getting :sneaky: HEEHE

Oh I know that, can't wait! :wacky:

It's okay, and I'm not gonna blame you for giving me hope haha

I didn't know he wasn't that big in the US!

Oh and thanks for posting your pics here Liz, they're lovely <3

@Shani: Congrats! Your meeting with Jamie sounds awesome, I'm really happy for you! And make sure to post the pic hehe

OH MY FUCKING GOD SHANI!!! :bomb: Look at you stealing Jamie's heart OMG I can't believe he kissed you! :o Damon you better watch it :whip: if you're being grumpy Jamie is just gonna sneak on in there and steal yo ladies LOL

I'm so happy for you!!! Ugh, Rosie is seriously the best! That all sounds fabulous. Sorry about Damon though, was the crowd just being pushy and rude to him or what? Meh, he's human he's bound to have his grumpy nights every now and then I guess. I'm happy you're taking it well!

So when are you and Jamie running off together now that you've practically snuggled him in front of everyone! lmao :lol: :heart: