✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

Was talking to a girl in a club last night, said the music was shit.

She said, "What music do you like?"

I said, "My favourite band are Blur."

"Oh I love Blur!"

"Really? What's your favourite song?"

"Woo-hoo."

And then I walked off.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

So, who is excited for Everyday Robots? I'm going to see Damon on May 1st, anyone else going? :dance:

Also, who saw/heard the debut of the Heavy Seas band the other day? I really liked the sound of some of the new songs, and holy crap they played All Your Life. That's one of my favourite ever blur songs! :stunned:

I'm so glad this place is back so I can share all my Damon love with you people :hug:

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...
So, who is excited for Everyday Robots? I'm going to see Damon on May 1st, anyone else going? :dance:

Also, who saw/heard the debut of the Heavy Seas band the other day? I really liked the sound of some of the new songs, and holy crap they played All Your Life. That's one of my favourite ever blur songs! :stunned:

I'm so glad this place is back so I can share all my Damon love with you people :hug:

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Everyday robots was amazing!

I wish I could go see him :(

The gig was incredible! The new songs all sounded great live, but I still find History of a Cheating Heart to be a bit boring. It was nice that he played it for us though because I don't think he played it the previous night. I was so happy to hear All Your Life live too :wacky: :dance: There were loads of Gorillaz songs, which I didn't expect but it was awesome. Damon shook hands with the person next to me in Kids With Guns (I think), which made me a bit jealous, but I was happy for her :)

Oh and there were lovely piano + strings versions of two Blur songs which were unbelievably pretty :dazzled:

• 5 years later...

Oh hello! Welcome lol. Yes I noticed that in damon albarn google images this place and my damon blog comes up a TON LOL all over the internet.

Naww thanks! :blush: it was a great memory.

And crap idk why my photos are blank now :thinking: they are still on my blog.

More pics:

tumblr_m1czc0PFpL1r5v7rco1_500.png

tumblr_m18p8ikVkG1qb3xkxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m15rie94Pt1qb3xkxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1bosyADvu1qcw7ifo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1c3poFCNU1qa02uno1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1ca0diFaI1r6oteno1_500.jpg

tumblr_m12cc3KATz1qb3xkxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m18i9j3Gpp1r8bg1no1_500.png

tumblr_m19fy4WOaP1r6n7gwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m193x5ndqn1qb3xkxo2_250.gif

He's such a legend

• Like 1

Oh hello! Welcome lol. Yes I noticed that in damon albarn google images this place and my damon blog comes up a TON LOL all over the internet.

Naww thanks! :blush: it was a great memory.

And crap idk why my photos are blank now :thinking: they are still on my blog.

More pics:

tumblr_m1czc0PFpL1r5v7rco1_500.png

tumblr_m18p8ikVkG1qb3xkxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m15rie94Pt1qb3xkxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1bosyADvu1qcw7ifo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1c3poFCNU1qa02uno1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1ca0diFaI1r6oteno1_500.jpg

tumblr_m12cc3KATz1qb3xkxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m18i9j3Gpp1r8bg1no1_500.png

tumblr_m19fy4WOaP1r6n7gwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m193x5ndqn1qb3xkxo2_250.gif

My favourite Damon quote " I'm a Englishman "

Damon Albarn 1995

• Like 1

I think I'm one of only very few Americans in my age group who knows Damon Albarn as anybody besides the mind behind the music of Gorillaz and the voice of 2D. And that's all I knew him as until I discovered Blur a few years ago.

The man is so underrated. There was a time when Damon's brand of Britpop was exploding (even here in the US) but he just doesn't get too much recognition anymore. I wish he would put out another solo album if Blur never end up reuniting again... I already know it wouldn't be as big as either his own work through Gorillaz or, say, Liam Gallagher's solo efforts, but it'd be nice. But maybe he just really likes the degree of anonymity that Gorillaz offers.

At least tour here in North America or something, I think that'd be a treat.

• Like 2

I think I'm one of only very few Americans in my age group who knows Damon Albarn as anybody besides the mind behind the music of Gorillaz and the voice of 2D. And that's all I knew him as until I discovered Blur a few years ago.

The man is so underrated. There was a time when Damon's brand of Britpop was exploding (even here in the US) but he just doesn't get too much recognition anymore. I wish he would put out another solo album if Blur never end up reuniting again... I already know it wouldn't be as big as either his own work through Gorillaz or, say, Liam Gallagher's solo efforts, but it'd be nice. But maybe he just really likes the degree of anonymity that Gorillaz offers.

Same I think he's so great. I remember hearing Clint Eastwood and Feel Good Inc when I was young and then starting to listen to Blur just a few years ago and being shocked it was the same person. I love all his work but I feel like Britpop is so underrated in the US in 2019...

• Like 1

Same I think he's so great. I remember hearing Clint Eastwood and Feel Good Inc when I was young and then starting to listen to Blur just a few years ago and being shocked it was the same person. I love all his work but I feel like Britpop is so underrated in the US in 2019...

I can't remember what kind of music he makes to be honest. I should check him out, shouldn't I?!

Which songs by him would you recommend me to listen to?

I can't remember what kind of music he makes to be honest. I should check him out, shouldn't I?!

Which songs by him would you recommend me to listen to?

I'm no expert so if anyone wants to add on feel free but he's done a lot of different things! He's the singer of both Blur and Gorillaz (which is a 2000s virtual group that does alternative kind of hip hop like stuff-basically doesn't sound much like Blur) and he has another band called The Good, the Bad & the Queen with members of The Clash and The Verve. I think he also did some musical project with Flea? Basically he's covered a lot of genres.

Some Blur songs I really like are Coffee and TV, Sing, Blue Jeans and Out of Time but I think a lot of people say Parklife is their best album? So that could be a good one to check out.

As for Gorillaz, Feel Good Inc. and Clint Eastwood are definitely their most popular songs but I really like Tomorrow Comes Today too!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...