✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

X&Y>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Viva La Vida

Dejan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh. it just depends i guess. i mean i love every coldplay song on earth. but that doesn't mean everyone does. they are just a rare band for me maybe a once in a lifetime occurrence that i like every song. for example muse or the killers. i don't like all their songs. :shame:

Yes, I find X&Y much better than VLV. X&Y is my favorite.

Then Parachutes is my second favorite.

I don't know whether VLV or AROBTTH comes 3rd. I find both to be overrated.

I have to agree about VLV being overrated. But I think AROBTTH gets the credit it deserves. It is totally brilliant, but that's just my opinion.

X&Y kills the shithouse that is VLV.

They're wearing freaking costumes!

hahaha. :laugh3:

that's what i always thought.

i mean the outfits were really cool at first but when they were worn for nearly 2 whole years on every single occasion (interviews, tv appearance, concerts aso) they got kind of funny to look at.

i really hope that the outfits for the next album will be casual stuff again like it was for x&y.

I have to agree about VLV being overrated. But I think AROBTTH gets the credit it deserves. It is totally brilliant, but that's just my opinion.

Yah, and a lot of people agree with you. I like it enough, but I don't care to listen to it as much as X&Y or Parachutes.

Pretty much the only songs one it that I wouldn't skip (if I was listening to it on my iPod or something) would be God Put A Smile Upon Your Face and Amsterdam. Maybe Politik.

hahaha. :laugh3:

that's what i always thought.

i mean the outfits were really cool at first but when they were worn for nearly 2 whole years on every single occasion (interviews, tv appearance, concerts aso) they got kind of funny to look at.

i really hope that the outfits for the next album will be casual stuff again like it was for x&y.

Yah, I liked the outfits for a while, but then every time I saw them in regular clothes I thought it looked better. I hope they go back to simple/classy stage-wear.

Remember when VLV first came out and people were saying how it was a breath of fresh air after X&Y?

Obviously things look different to many in hindsight (it's been two years, so I now consider VLV to be "hindsight"), but regardless of your opinion about VLV, the dislike for it has definitely grown since its release.

As for me, I finally stopped giving a crap about these album rankings. They're kinda pointless after a while, although I'm sure I'll revisit them once LP5 is released.

^ i wouldnt mind if the kept the pants though

i just felt like wearing the outfits everywhere created a barrier between them as people and them as makers of music... does that make sense?

it made it a show... a production.. instead of 4 guys making music

now i have this fear of them becoming something unrecognizable and... not what i love

they seemed like they interacted with the crowd a lot more in the twisted logic tour than on the viva la vida tour

I LOL'd hard. I actually couldn't stand it the first time I heard it. I was like what is this shit? But it grew on me. It's all a matter of opinion.

Yeah well, I tried listening to it infinite times and I still cringe when I listen to most of it.

The only song I truly like is Chinese sleep chant, has a tiny X&Y vibe.

^ i wouldnt mind if the kept the pants though

i just felt like wearing the outfits everywhere created a barrier between them as people and them as makers of music... does that make sense?

it made it a show... a production.. instead of 4 guys making music

now i have this fear of them becoming something unrecognizable and... not what i love

they seemed like they interacted with the crowd a lot more in the twisted logic tour than on the viva la vida tour

Yes, I liked the pants. At least, Jonny, Guy and Will's.

I don't know if the outfits stood in the way of anything (in my opinion) but just kind of got over them after awhile.

I'm listening to Twisted Logic right now. I think the best song is X&Y. The intro is sooo beautiful!

I love all the X&Y songs.

So many people think the X&Y song itself could have been dropped, which always puzzles me because I think it's so beautiful and strange and dreamy. And I love the strings. Violins and cellos make everything so pretty. :nice: