✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

X&Y>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Viva La Vida

Dejan

I love all the X&Y songs.

So many people think the X&Y song itself could have been dropped, which always puzzles me because I think it's so beautiful and strange and dreamy. And I love the strings. Violins and cellos make everything so pretty. :nice:

I think the first 1:30 of X&Y is beautiful. The last part I think could have been re-worked, but I think it's lovely.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ +1

I'm no X&Y fan either

AROBTTH ftw!

Ditto. X&Y is actually the album that turned me off Coldplay. I stopped posting here, I didn't go to any of the Twisted Logic gigs.

Still now I never listen to it, there are tracks on it I love and I'll listen to them individually, but never the whole thing. The last time was about a year ago when my friend put it on in her car and I can't say it's improved with age.

I love VLV. But AROBTTH will always be my favourite.

i just rediscovered x & y two weeks ago and i must admit time has come that i really love what they did on x & y. to me it still sounds more coldplayish like vlv. i'll might love vlv in about 5 years or so...

but of course: its more a tasty thingy than a facty ;)

X & Y is the one Coldplay album that could disappear and I wouldn't mind tooooo much. I mean, I'd definitely miss 3 or 4 songs but the rest I never liked after the initial "WOOO-HOOOO NEW ALBUM!!!" feeling wore off.

VLV is a classic in my mind. Every track serves a function and for a good year and a half after it's release I still would listen to it all the way through. Life in Technicolor to The Escapist.

In the sense that I feel every track on Viva (minus, in my mind, reign of love) can be great, I can't say I've felt that about any other Coldplay album. I mean, not even any album by anyone really.

But AROBTTH is also a classic in my mind, as is Parachutes, even if I feel some tracks are pretty weak. Songs 1-5 I think AROBTTH takes the cake against even some of the greatest albums. But for me, Viva just comes home after Chinese Sleep Chant. VLV to Violet Hill to Strawberry Swing to DAAHF to the fade out of the Escapist.

Great stuff.

But we all love Coldplay - that's why we're here. It's good to have these moments to just reminisce about why we love them and what we love about them. But no one really needs to fight about it (not that anyone is).

Everyone loves music for different reasons, and I have some intellectual ones for certain music, but Coldplay has always been about the emotion for me. You can't fight about how something makes you feel inside. It's just how you feel. So I'm sure everyone has a perfect reason for why they love what they do. It's nice to hear about it though.