✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

There must be another band JUST like coldplay

mburn

Oi!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Travis are NOT boring!! Shame on you :angry: :angry: :angry: (sorry, I get a bit pissy whenever Travis are slagged off :P)

Travis sounds a lot like Coldplay (actually, Coldplay sound a lot like Travis... used to, anyway) - both fantastic :cool:

radiohead are the shitest band ever, the sing depresing dull crap songs with no melody whatsoever, and for some reason people like them RADIOHEAD=overrate. I do love starsailor and travis but you cant listen to their album as much as you can with arrobtth or parachutes without gettin bored, and anybody who copares coldplay to radiohead should listen a little closer

radiohead are the shitest band ever' date=' the sing depresing dull crap songs with no melody whatsoever, and for some reason people like them RADIOHEAD=overrate. I do love starsailor and travis but you cant listen to their album as much as you can with arrobtth or parachutes without gettin bored, and anybody who copares coldplay to radiohead should listen a little closer[/quote']

MAYBE i wouldn't have used the same language that mburn used, but i totally agree with him, excpept that i GUESS i'd have to admit that radiohead does have some songs that do have melody and sound ok.

but, i guess, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder... or whatever the saying is..

;)

Yeah try 'The Bends' or 'OK Computer' if you like those albums go and get 'Pablo Honey' (their first record....a bit strange- but great - - -i think) then if interested (which you should be) go and get 'Kid A' (such a beautiful album) and then their new one 'Hail to the theif' (which is wonderful).

Yeah - Vai

I heard song by a new band called Elbow and they sounded just like Coldplay.

Yeah if you want to listen to Radiohead I'd say start with 'the Bends' it is the easiest to get into, and OK Computer is also pure class. I love Radiohead (am an obsessive fan) but I can understand why other people dont get them. Still they are one of the most creative band in the world so even if people dont like them they still deserve some respect.

The[aussie]Scientist

i see nobody's come to starsailor's defense yet. :lol:

and as far as radiohead is concerned (everybody's got their two cents about radiohead), i don't really think they're anywhere near as creative and innovative as people say they are. i mean, what was on kid a that wasn't done before? nothing. for all the weird talk it got about being "inaccessible" or whatever, it's really a pretty straightforward album, at least compared to, say, an album by aphex twin (one of the more obvious influences heard in some spots on kid a and more of an innovater than radiohead will ever be). they just keep people guessing, which i think fuels it more than anything else. plus aphex twin, autechre, etc., never had anywhere near the commercial success that radiohead has had.

that said, they still write a hell of a lot DAMN good songs, no matter what style they choose to take on, and it's my opinion that they're pretty much the best band the world has seen since the beatles broke up.

There's a band from poland which is called "Mislowitz"- they are really good and I saw them non MTV last Week (Travis appeared in that show too) where they performed a song named "Sounds of solitude"- unfortunatly I only find polish tracks from them on kazaa. :(

But Travis are really good, but I find it personally very hard to listen to Radiohead because their sound is so very un-"easy listening" :)

radiohead are the shitest band ever' date=' the sing depresing dull crap songs with no melody whatsoever, and for some reason people like them RADIOHEAD=overrate.[/quote']

I so agree with you!

I never liked Radiohead, I download their songs 3 times and deleted them all afterwards. I'm trying to hear what's so good about them, but I just can't find the thing that's so atrective about them :confused:

I don't think there is another band like Coldplay...there are a lot of other good bands, but each band has something unique to itself

I like Travis...but I find differences between them and Coldplay(listen to the music)

and radiohead...that's another story...I never understand all the comparisons...just listen to the music

There's a band from poland which is called "Mislowitz"- they are really good and I saw them non MTV last Week (Travis appeared in that show too) where they performed a song named "Sounds of solitude"- unfortunatly I only find polish tracks from them on kazaa. :(

But Travis are really good, but I find it personally very hard to listen to Radiohead because their sound is so very un-"easy listening" :)

I personally LOVE Myslovitz. They're fantastic, 'Sound Of Solitude' is one of my favourite songs ever. I tried searching for their album in Poland last night but couldn't find it for some reason :rolleyes: