✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Religion

hotdensestate

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same! I get annoyed cause my dad is so harsh towards them sometimes, and lets his views of fundamentalists and hypocritical religious people affect his views of religious people who aren't trying to impose their beliefs on everyone and everything. It makes me angry a lot.

Yeah haha, we should trade dads sometime XD

and I'm watching that Stein video, I tend to agree with Dawkins on his personal beliefs but he's just so choleric and pissy that it's just ridiculous sometimes. Seriously? He just writes books and fights theists for a living... can't believe he isn't tired of it by now!

I've seen this documentary before.

I love Ben Stein.

Ahhh, Maky, he's sooo uneducated though, he knows so little about the mechanics of evolution etc, I respect that he tries to be nonpartial and unbiased but... agh, he's just ignorant about a lot of things.

That's pretty much why I posted it, I don't really agree with Stein, but Dawkins does a horrible job. If I remember right he posits the idea of aliens planting life on earth.

Another thing I dislike about him, what a hypocritical viewpoint that is. And he's a horrible representative of atheism, almost no atheists are as arrogant and irritable as he is. He's, like, a gnostic atheist, which makes me lol because almost all reasonable atheists are technically agnostic atheists, and he still spurts this crap about the possibility of aliens having put us on Earth... and he says he's a rationalist? Please. He's just a pissy guy with a bone to pick with religions. Or if he isn't (he's probably a reasonable dude who just puts on a persona) he certainly acts like one.

I also find these debates kind of interesting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1Y6ev152BA]YouTube- William Lane Craig vs Peter Atkins (HQ) 1/11[/ame]

(William Lane Craig is kind of the idol of theistic apologetics, he's recorded debates with pretty much every major atheist except dawkins)

I also find these debates kind of interesting.

(William Lane Craig is kind of the idol of theistic apologetics, he's recorded debates with pretty much every major atheist except dawkins)

Urgh religious apologetics :sick: You could have the "lol evidence for god's existence plz?" "lolno u give me evidence that god doesn't exist lol" argument until the end of time. >.<

edit: Watched the video, I get what he's saying but there's still so little point arguing about it... you know

I like it but it's slightly overrated and I hate the people that are like, 1984 IS REAL, WE ARE LIVING IN A MODERN-DAY 1984!! etc.

Yeah, I don't really like those people either. Interesting themes and concepts though for a book written in 1948.

I think we all need to have something in wich believe.

Im supposed to be catholic, and I believe that there is something beyond us, call it God or whatever.

But I think that's what religion is: the explanation of inexplicable events.

The moral is not closely related with religion. It has something to do with it, but not at all.

isn't everything cooler with the word 'swashbuckling' placed in front?

Definitively, That's why I lauged.

For the weak minded... Some people just need to be told how to think.

That's how I feel. I seriously don't like religion.

There are like 6000 million of weak people.

I think that religion is important for some people rather than others. It is a very personal thing. That being said I feel that there should not be so much emphasis on trying to convert people or say which religion is right. That's where it causes problems.

I personally am not a very religious person. I was sort of raised Catholic, but my parents are not very religious so I never really grew up very religously. Also the whole pedophilia w/ the church i'm discraced with the priests that performed those acts. Just because they are men of the cloth doesn't mean that they can do whatever the hell they want. All of them that have done those things to the kids should be put in jail.

Personally I believe in something after death but I have no idea what it is. Being a person fascinated in science and facts it can be quite tough to believe in some things. But still I feel that there is something more.

Regardless, people should not put so much emphasis on religion. Like I said it's a personal belief and it should be left at that.

edit: sorry for the long rant post :P

It's important so that everybody can shut up and stop asking how the earth was created and such.

I'm just going to believe, because it's a big risk that I don't.

What happens if it's all real and I go to hell?.. then that would suck.

I'm just not going to care, if I do find out then what's it going to help me upon life?

So I'll just care about my life and of my friends and family, and hope I succeed in life.

Because I only have one lifetime, might as well make the best of it.

No, it was god. So bad people went there. And since you seem to be heretic you'll spend eternity lyining alive in a burning grave.

I think actually that divine comedy is a methaphor about the consequences of your thoughts and acts.