✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Religion

hotdensestate

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know that, i understand it literally but i mean i never understood how that could truly be practiced. what makes you classify yourself as spiritual?

Nature is unbelievably beautiful and I live in awe of it. I try to understand it and myself. :shrug: All there is to it really, for me at least.

i guess for me nature, and the whole world for that matter, is proof of the magnitude of God. i believe in the big bang theory & as an advocate of science & progress do believe in evolution. many say these theories contradict the existence of God, but i say they strengthen the argument. only He has the power to form the universe, from nothing but dust and gases, into what it is today. and i believe that He was behind the whole monkey into man concept. after all, who created the first monkey, or first anything for that matter?

i guess for me nature, and the whole world for that matter, is proof of the magnitude of God. i believe in the big bang theory & as an advocate of science & progress do believe in evolution. many say these theories contradict the existence of God, but i say they strengthen the argument. only He has the power to form the universe, from nothing but dust and gases, into what it is today. and i believe that He was behind the whole monkey into man concept. after all, who created the first monkey, or first anything for that matter?

The God of nature (or Holy Spirit as it's called often) is the aspect of religious institutions I identify with the most. But I've never associated the beauty of nature with a deity of any sort.

But what I'm saying is, I guess I get where you're coming from. :nice:

No, not at all.

See, wha' ha' happen' wuz, Lucifer used to be an angel. In fact, he was God's right-hand man, so to speak. However, Lucifer got tired of God running the show, and he wanted that power for himself. When God found out, he got angry, and he sent Lucifer (as well as Lucifer's followers) to Hell as an eternal punishment for his actions. It wasn't until after Lucifer became a fallen angel that he went by the name of Satan and started wreaking havoc.

So yeah.

Ohyah I knew that :anxious:

:laugh3:

Is that like all positive and stuff yo?

Well... :uhoh2:

I think religion is important of course. But it's faith to believe what religion is good for. It's faith to believe that religion is here for the better.

But I suppose we all do have the knowledge of good and evil, but isn't religion important for us to believe that there is a greater power?

:uhoh:

I don't believe in God.First because my family isn't religious and I never grew up in a religious environment.Second, I study war, human rights and genocide, which are often caused by religion (among other things).I respect religion but I just can't believe in God.I was in Rwanda for a few months and visited churches where thousands of people had been rounded up and killed there.People were told nothing would happen there and then churches were used as mass killing sites.Often it was the priests himself who had told the soldiers where people were hiding and organized the killings.A priest is supposed to be tolerant, he isn't supposed to kill.

I also don't feel the need to believe in something greater.But that's just me.

^ Yes, it's hard to believe in anything higher that humans could preach when they do such atrocious things at the same time. :angry:

Sorry, Carlos, but oh you insulted me here. :angry: You think that religious people are dumb, please, don't be narrow minded. You think I never thought about things you wrote here? I discussed about that with theologians, philosophers, atheists and like that, I even took interest in various different religions... I have my own religion and I'm not even crazy about that, I just like spirituality in my life. My eyes are not closed and anything. If you have questions about religion and it's irrationality, go and make a research and don't call religious people weak minded. Thank you. :)

Sorry Onute, it wasn't quite my intention to sound so bitter about such subjects... :\ It's just that sometimes, some coarse religion views around me can get on my nerves and really make me grumble about God and Religion and what it all represents. At home I have a lot of trouble with my mother because of that... Sometimes I think we'd have a better world without religion.

But indeed, I respect religions, whenever they're also respectful with other views of the world. I'm not even myself an atheist. But I'm still trying to make my own composition of the world and humanity. I'm an observer for most of the time.

^Yeah, I understand that. Sometimes religious people can be really annoying, but that doesn't mean all religion is stupid. Plus I think some priests also lack of spirituality or the way to interest people.. :uhoh:

^^And are you talking about killings which happened nowadays or many years ago?

^1994 during the Rwandan genocide.I know all priests aren't like that.I heard stories of some of them saving people (which is obviously what anyone should have done but few did).But killings committed by priests it seem even more abominable to me because of what they preach.I can't deal with that kind of deceit.I can't get my head around it.But then you know, my boss where I work (Genocide and Human Rights Institute) is a Jew who lost a lot of his family during the Holocaust and he is a strong believer.It just depends I guess.

Because it's an easy way to bring "answers" to the unknown, and I guess people need something to believe in.

This^

I live in a place where being atheist is... wrong! Or being something else than Christian or Muslim is wrong too!

And the thing is I'm Christian... only by the name in a Christian school where I learn about my religion... And I don't believe in christianism.

I mean who's God? Is he alive,dead,a men,a women, gay, lesbian, tall, short, fat...???

Where is he?

I think people need something like a support...

And everyone says God is good so can you tell me something... Where was he when a lot of people died...where was he in wars... where was he when a lot of inocent children died...?

don't tell me it's devil or anything I'm christian and as I know Adam and Eve, devil, Lucifer... were examples that the Jesus gave to people.

^1994 during the Rwandan genocide.I know all priests aren't like that.I heard stories of some of them saving people (which is obviously what anyone should have done but few did).But killings committed by priests it seem even more abominable to me because of what they preach.I can't deal with that kind of deceit.I can't get my head around it.But then you know, my boss where I work (Genocide and Human Rights Institute) is a Jew who lost a lot of his family during the Holocaust and he is a strong believer.It just depends I guess.

Yeah well that's horrible and indefensible. But religion isn't believing in priests, or is it? I know it's terrible teaching others how to behave and not following the same rules themselves. But we are all human and priests are human too and they can make terrible things too. But I believe in God, and if some priests go crazy, it's their business. And I think people shouldn't confuse the whole idea of religion and the way some religious people act. And sorry I don't understand why he shouldn't be a believer because of the Holocaust.

This^

I live in a place where being atheist is... wrong! Or being something else than Christian or Muslim is wrong too!

And the thing is I'm Christian... only by the name in a Christian school where I learn about my religion... And I don't believe in christianism.

I mean who's God? Is he alive,dead,a men,a women, gay, lesbian, tall, short, fat...???

Where is he?

I think people need something like a support...

And everyone says God is good so can you tell me something... Where was he when a lot of people died...where was he in wars... where was he when a lot of inocent children died...?

don't tell me it's devil or anything I'm christian and as I know Adam and Eve, devil, Lucifer... were examples that the Jesus gave to people.

I totally agree, why would "god" let this happen?

Religion causes wars and frankly I Don't know what to believe. I Believe in Ghosts, aliens n Shit but I don't think theres a heaven or out. Where I live it's deemed 'uncool' to go to church and stuff. I Can understand people want something to help them and they feel Praying does that, fair enough. Music is like my religion I guess eventhough my Records will say 'Christian'.

Music is like my religion

THAT.

Well, maybe not, per se, a religion. However, it's the one thing that has forever remained constant, and therefore, my perception of it is more reverent than that of most people, I guess.

:thinking:

Yeah well that's horrible and indefensible. But religion isn't believing in priests, or is it? I know it's terrible teaching others how to behave and not following the same rules themselves. But we are all human and priests are human too and they can make terrible things too. But I believe in God, and if some priests go crazy, it's their business. And I think people shouldn't confuse the whole idea of religion and the way some religious people act. And sorry I don't understand why he shouldn't be a believer because of the Holocaust.

Because in my case, when you see the horrors taking place, it's very difficult to believe in God.I know some people think very differently.I've asked genocide survivors about this and many say that God made them survive all the trauma.you often have two views

In Rwanda some people killed because they thought God wanted it so

I read a pretty good little book recently "have a little faith" It didn't change my mind but I understand other people's view

Religion causes wars .

You're right, long time ago it happened in Lebanon.

But what I really hate about lebanese people is that if you don't believe in any God you're a bad person!So I let everybody think that I'm christian.

I respect all religions but some of them are wrong that's it!People can believe whatever they want but I don't actually think that if I pray to an unknown thing or man or whatever I'll do my exams well but if I f*cking study well there's more chance!

And one more thing why in christianism, Jesus, Marie, Joseph etc... are all white who told them they weren't black? There's a kind of rascism in it and Lebanese people are 90% rascist, and that's what I hate more than everything... rascism.

But what I really hate about lebanese people is that if you don't believe in any God you're a bad person!So I let everybody think that I'm christian.

I respect all religions but some of them are wrong that's it!People can believe whatever they want but I don't actually think that if I pray to an unknown thing or man or whatever I'll do my exams well but if I f*cking study well there's more chance!

And one more thing why in christianism, Jesus, Marie, Joseph etc... are all white who told them they weren't black? There's a kind of rascism in it and Lebanese people are 90% rascist, and that's what I hate more than everything... rascism.

You should come out as being an atheist; but then again I've never even visited Lebanon and I can imagine how that would be tough and even dangerous, so feel free to ignore me. :nice:

that's what really pisses me off about religions is that there seems to be a sense of snobbishness in that your religion is better than others. also i can't stand any kind of racism/prejudice. I find it pathetic for people to discriminate based only on looks/religious beliefs. people should be able to freely believe in whatever they want and not pressure others to be the same

that's what really pisses me off about religions is that there seems to be a sense of snobbishness in that your religion is better than others. also i can't stand any kind of racism/prejudice. I find it pathetic for people to discriminate based only on looks/religious beliefs. people should be able to freely believe in whatever they want and not pressure others to be the same

I think this is a huge factor in why I'm put off by such things. At first, I thought it was just my parents trying to be elitist, but many other people are like that, too. This is part of why I hate living here, because in my part of Texas, your religion (as well as what church you go to) has a big part in social life here. As I do not go to church (I haven't been to a church since I was seven), I don't fit in anywhere in my hometown. It's sickening.

I'm still utterly confused by religion and how beliefs thought up hundreds or even thousands of years can be pretty much still enforced on young people until a certain age.

As for the church itself, i have lost nearly all hope in it. I'm not a very emotional person but I was nearly crying hearing the stories from the people who were abused after being put under "care" in the church. I heard stories of people who killed themselves years after it had happened because of it.

And I know this isn't just in Ireland, it can't be.

In my opinion, in this day and age, it's not always necessarily the religion which causes the problems but the people closely related to it and the attitudes i guess.