✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Religion

hotdensestate

edit: sorry for the long rant post :P

Don't be sorry, and don't let yourself get influenced by the caca in here.

Be lenghtier than that, I truly admire it and I'm always willing to read lenghty and deep posts.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If God is everything and created everything and he's so good and all mighty... Why does even the "evil" exist? the skepticism of his existence? the greed, the lust, the dark... Aren't those also a part of God or more technically speaking, what we know as a conscient experience of this universe? these are parts of the human character that we despise and ignore. Why not fucking accept them and learn from them, rather than just hiding and fear?

Also...

Could [an omnipotent being] create a stone so heavy that even that being could not lift it? If so, then it seems that the being could cease to be omnipotent; if not, it seems that the being was not omnipotent to begin with.

Think about those! :thumbsup: Most of Christian beliefs are based on illogical things. Is easier to live with your eyes closed, right?

I honestly..I just have a random range of views on this. I have no explanation as to why I believe in God...I just...do. I always have, and I probably always will. It's just what I've always known, and I don't know life with out thinking it. It's the was raised. However, I don't like the whole BIBLE thing control every little thing I do. I live free spirited. I do what my heart tells me to. I do feel like I have a developing relationship with God, but I don't let religion rule my life, like most people at my church do. I go to church every Sunday, and Wednesday, and I pray every night. That's it. If I did anymore then that, I think I'd go absolutely crazy.

However..those people that constantly talk about it, and relate every little thing they do to God...that bugs the living crap out of me. I can't stand it. I mean fer seriouz...THEY AIN'T GOT NO PANCAKE MIX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwyZ0ji1GRU

Slightly off topic but do you ever get your name spelt the other way?, when I was at school a teacher always used to write mine with a Y instead of an IE, it annoyed me:laugh3:

Oh yes....I get my named spelled with that "IE" all the time. I asked my mom once why she chose the spelling with the "Y" and she said that she didn't like the way the "IE" spelling looked.

Basically Lucifer created hell or something.

No, not at all.

See, wha' ha' happen' wuz, Lucifer used to be an angel. In fact, he was God's right-hand man, so to speak. However, Lucifer got tired of God running the show, and he wanted that power for himself. When God found out, he got angry, and he sent Lucifer (as well as Lucifer's followers) to Hell as an eternal punishment for his actions. It wasn't until after Lucifer became a fallen angel that he went by the name of Satan and started wreaking havoc.

So yeah.

Oh yes....I get my named spelled with that "IE" all the time. I asked my mom once why she chose the spelling with the "Y" and she said that she didn't like the way the "IE" spelling looked.

I've got nothing against it with a Y instead at all, just to me it makes my name look too short:laugh3:, I guess it's just what were both used to.

No, not at all.

See, wha' ha' happen' wuz, Lucifer used to be an angel. In fact, he was God's right-hand man, so to speak. However, Lucifer got tired of God running the show, and he wanted that power for himself. When God found out, he got angry, and he sent Lucifer (as well as Lucifer's followers) to Hell as an eternal punishment for his actions. It wasn't until after Lucifer became a fallen angel that he went by the name of Satan and started wreaking havoc.

So yeah.

How many Christias actually believe that though?

For the weak minded... Some people just need to be told how to think.

That's how I feel. I seriously don't like religion.

If God is everything and created everything and he's so good and all mighty... Why does even the "evil" exist? the skepticism of his existence? the greed, the lust, the dark... Aren't those also a part of God or more technically speaking, what we know as a conscient experience of this universe? these are parts of the human character that we despise and ignore. Why not fucking accept them and learn from them, rather than just hiding and fear?

Also...

Could [an omnipotent being] create a stone so heavy that even that being could not lift it? If so, then it seems that the being could cease to be omnipotent; if not, it seems that the being was not omnipotent to begin with.

Think about those! :thumbsup: Most of Christian beliefs are based on illogical things. Is easier to live with your eyes closed, right?

Sorry, Carlos, but oh you insulted me here. :angry: You think that religious people are dumb, please, don't be narrow minded. You think I never thought about things you wrote here? I discussed about that with theologians, philosophers, atheists and like that, I even took interest in various different religions... I have my own religion and I'm not even crazy about that, I just like spirituality in my life. My eyes are not closed and anything. If you have questions about religion and it's irrationality, go and make a research and don't call religious people weak minded. Thank you. :)

Well, they apparently exist. My dad's the one that explained that whole bit I mentioned to me, so he believes it. But then again, my dad believes a lot of things. He thinks he has explanations for everything. :anxious:

hahahaha... all :nice:

All of them, some roughly but they all do.

It's among the basis of Christianism, a savior came to free us from doom and lead us to paradise instead.

Well, they apparently exist. My dad's the one that explained that whole bit I mentioned to me, so he believes it. But then again, my dad believes a lot of things. He thinks he has explanations for everything. :anxious:

I'm Catholic but I don't go around believing in all that Satan will burn you in hell and stuff. They don't exactly preach that sort of stuff in my church. Personally, I like the New Testament more.

Well, of course the fire was a metaphor that worked in middle age (but it's still used :rolleyes: ), but have you read the New Testament? Jesus talks lots of times about hell and Satan, I assure you. And it's mention in a lot of the letters and in the Apocalypsis, so that's not a valid point. The existence of Hell is very important for Christianism, otherwise, of what thing would Jesus save people? Of sin and evil? Well that's hell.

I have read the new testament. It is important to remember that the bible should be interpreted in the context that it was written. Today, many of the parables and stories in the bible don't have much meaning to people but when I was written, they probably did. It the message that stays relevant.

^It could be for all I know. But then again, we all have different views on what is "evil temptation". When the bible was written it could've meant breaking the ten commandments or doing some other mortal sin while today it might be something of a different nature.

actaully all of the 3 major religions that believe in God, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, all believe it.

i myself am a muslim, and could not imagine what my life would be like w/o God in my heart. it's not just searching for answers, or being "too lazy to solve my own problems," it's about knowing that there is someone out there to protect me & who knows all & knows what's best for me. it breaks my heart to see ppl warp the religion, which is probably one of the biggest sins you could commit, but i guess it's just human nature to want to change things. i believe that all that are anti-religion are the way they are b/c they only see these warped versions of religions, the man-changed & man-made versions. if you were to look back at all the original scriptures & original teachings, you would see religion really is a beautiful thing.

actaully all of the 3 major religions that believe in God, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, all believe it.

i myself am a muslim, and could not imagine what my life would be like w/o God in my heart. it's not just searching for answers, or being "too lazy to solve my own problems," it's about knowing that there is someone out there to protect me & who knows all & knows what's best for me. it breaks my heart to see ppl warp the religion, which is probably one of the biggest sins you could commit, but i guess it's just human nature to want to change things. i believe that all that are anti-religion are the way they are b/c they only see these warped versions of religions, the man-changed & man-made versions. if you were to look back at all the original scriptures & original teachings, you would see religion really is a beautiful thing.

I got taught that hell is just a place without God.

i never really understood what it meant to be spiritual w/o being religious

Religions have a dogma. Spirituality is a way to know yourself and the world, broadly speaking.

I think I am spiritual but not religious actually, I don't believe in the supernatural but I am somewhat "spiritual" in the general sense of the word... I think.