✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2010 MERCURY PRIZE (nominees stage)

tauiwi

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What have you got against rap? It's a style of music, just like Pop, Rock etc... There's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be nominated for awards like these.

There is if they're rubbish (which they are). Jay-Z they "ain't"!:dozey:

So you're saying rap is bad because of Jay-Z?

On the contrary. I was saying that Dizzee, Tinie and Chipmunk aren't fit to lick Jay-Z's shoes, and therefore shouldn't be nominated for any awards.:dozey:

The gulf in class is like the one between Coldplay and somebody like McFly. They're worlds apart in terms of quality.;)

I saw Jay-Z when he supported Coldplay last year, and I was very impressed by his stage presence.

On the contrary. I was saying that Dizzee, Tinie and Chipmunk aren't fit to lick Jay-Z's shoes, and therefore shouldn't be nominated for any awards.:dozey:

The gulf in class is like the one between Coldplay and somebody like McFly. They're worlds apart in terms of quality.;)

I saw Jay-Z when he supported Coldplay last year, and I was very impressed by his stage presence.

Ugh. Jay-Z is one of the worst rappers around at the moment. No wonder you like him.

Jay-Z an impressive rapper? yeah, okay.

Ugh. Jay-Z is one of the worst rappers around at the moment. No wonder you like him.

That comment proves once and for all that you don't know what you're talking about.:stunned:

"Empire State of Mind" was one of the best rap songs of all time.:smug:

Alicia Key's did all the work in that song, Mark. ALL THE FUCKING DECENT WORK.

Then Jay-Z ruined it.

And Alicia Keys is a has been for letting him do that.

Aren't you contradicting yourself now, though, considering you said Jay-Z was good earlier?:confused:

Anyway, I disagree. It's true that it was actually Alicia Key's song which Jay-Z featured on, but I think they did a fantastic job together.

Alicia Keys herself is superbly talented, and that song was undoubtedly one of the best of 2009.:cool:

Anyway, at the end of the day, the point was that in the world of "rap", comparing Jay-Z to Dizzee is like comparing a Ferrari to a Fiat Panda.;)

There is a rule, whenever someone mentions Empire State of Mind a link to this must be posted :P

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNfbX6uvA6s]YouTube- Newport (Ymerodraeth State of Mind)[/ame]

Nothing mentioned about the bottle-neck known as Brynglas Tunnel/St. Julians Bridge on the M4 :P

Aren't you contradicting yourself now, though, considering you said Jay-Z was good earlier?:confused:

Anyway, I disagree. It's true that it was actually Alicia Key's song which Jay-Z featured on, but I think they did a fantastic job together.

Alicia Keys herself is superbly talented, and that song was undoubtedly one of the best of 2009.:cool:

Anyway, at the end of the day, the point was that in the world of "rap", comparing Jay-Z to Dizzee is like comparing a Ferrari to a Fiat Panda.;)

I was being sarcastic about Jay-Z. Sorry, sarcasm fails over the internet. :tongue:

Oh well, if you're into that stuff go for it. I'm just giving my opinion.

I was being sarcastic about Jay-Z. Sorry, sarcasm fails over the internet. :tongue:

Oh well, if you're into that stuff go for it. I'm just giving my opinion.

I am neither a big fan of Jay-Z's nor of rap in general.

I did, however, love that particular song (more because of Alicia than Jay-Z), and can appreciate the difference between someone of Jay-Z's stature and the awful noise created by the likes of Dizzee Rascal, which is like torture of the ears.;)

There is a rule, whenever someone mentions Empire State of Mind a link to this must be posted :P

YouTube- Newport (Ymerodraeth State of Mind)

Nothing mentioned about the bottle-neck known as Brynglas Tunnel/St. Julians Bridge on the M4 :P

reminds me of this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX7nQrCgALM]YouTube- GRANITE STATE OF MIND (Jay-Z Parody - The SSP)[/ame]

lolfail.