✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2010 MERCURY PRIZE (nominees stage)

tauiwi

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it has been such a joy following the rise and rise of The xx since i first discovered them through 6music early in 2009. at that point they were nothing more than a hype band and unlike a great majority of them they actually delivered.

i just love the quietness (if thats a word) of the album. it's just the most perfect album to listen to on a calm still winters night. i really enjoy music where u can pick out clearly each instrument and each note and thats exactly what the xx gave me over 11 tracks.

i know it's not everyone cup of tea but i think it's brilliant. and i agree with eddie, Intro is an amazing start to the album and it's sort of become the standard montage song these days.

it has been such a joy following the rise and rise of The xx since i first discovered them through 6music early in 2009. at that point they were nothing more than a hype band and unlike a great majority of them they actually delivered.

i just love the quietness (if thats a word) of the album. it's just the most perfect album to listen to on a calm still winters night. i really enjoy music where u can pick out clearly each instrument and each note and thats exactly what the xx gave me over 11 tracks.

i know it's not everyone cup of tea but i think it's brilliant. and i agree with eddie, Intro is an amazing start to the album and it's sort of become the standard montage song these days.

this :)

I Am Kloot :disappointed:

I know. :( ditto Biffy Clyro :disappointed:

I'm not wholly disappointed The xx won tho, I guess they are a deserving band for an award like this. Their album is decent enough, but I just think there are better albums from the last 12months is all...:\

(At least it wasn't Dizzee Rascal :lol:)