rudy_o

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiquidSky
Last few days back, one of my real-life friend asked me,

"Why do you have too many foreigners in your Facebook friends list?"

"They're my friends. I mean, yes, we have never met each other, but we have some things in common,"

"But, you don't know them, do you?"

"I don't, but, I do. It's..."

And she laughed.

I hate to have the barrier between real-life and virtual friends.

Discuss.

This reminds me of J :heart:

Guest LiquidSky

that sounds weird.. umm it's another complicated dilema, Kelsie :/

but it just reminded me of her cause she said:

"Uhhh vi, you have a poo calling you???:inquisitive:" and it made me laugh so much!

I don't really talk to anyone on here outside the forum.

No one knows I go on here except my boyfriend.

He thought it was kind of weird at first but didn't really care all that much.

So I talked about it casually when stuff came up and one day he made a sly little remark about it.

Which I took very offensively cause that's how I do. So we got into a little argument which was basically me being annoyed and him saying he didn't mean anything by it... which is true cause he didn't mean all that much by it. But I was annoyed.

And out of stubbornness, I don't bring it up to him anymore. Which annoys him cause he likes it when I tell him everything.

/life story

We call the place outside the internet 'real life'. So it's basically like saying this entire forum is a huge joke.

Well... I don't take this forum is a joke, per se, but that's what I think when people say 'you guys meet in real life?' like this an entirely different universe. Just putting that out there.

I love all my erm.. "internet friends" :heart: I don't know what I would have done without them!

And my parents are totally cool with me having friends from basically aaaaall over the world :lol:

They know who they are, since I've brought them up, and I've sent them stuff. And they know that my friends aren't like.. crazy people.

I've met this one girl over the internet, and she is just.. I swear, we must have been the same freaking person in a past life or something. And it's weird how we are so freakishly similar yet we live half the world away from each other :wacky: But I love her :heart:

And my real friends pretty much know who my internet friends are. One of my 'real life' friends is actually friends with a bunch of my internet friends :wacky:

WE ARE ALL LIKE A HAPPEH FAMILY :awesome:

:laugh3:

no but really, even though I haven't met any of these people, I still consider them great friends.

AND NOW I WILL SHUT UP :escaping2:

I've never really been questioned about my friends on Facebook. :thinking:

I do think it would be really cool to meet you guys IRL. I should start with all the Texan homies and work my way outward. :wacko:

I don't know, though. I would definitely come across much differently in real life than I do here on the 'Net. I sound much more confident than I really am because I'm just typing words, as opposed to actually talking. For the most part, I fail at communicating, especially when it comes to making eye contact. :bigcry:

I fail at communicating and eye contact and stuff too! :cheesy:

People scare me. :blank:

haha... same here. I'm much more quiet in real life.

Same here. :disappointed:

I find the term 'virtual friends' odd because it implies said friends aren't real people or that they don't actually exist. And I find the term 'foreigners' very odd because it seems to imply xenophobia.

What else do we call our friends that aren't from the forum/internet? :thinking:

What's the different between 'virtual friends' and 'imaginary friends' at the first place?

Which is why I'd never add anyone here on facebook because I wouldn't want anyone to question me about that. :blank:

I don't give a fuck about what my friends would like to question me, but it's hard to not response to their questions :freak:

What's the different between 'virtual friends' and 'imaginary friends' at the first place?

I don't give a fuck about what my friends would like to question me, but it's hard to not response to their questions :freak:

Virtual means "computer generated," but virtual friends is usually the term for friends from the internet.

Imaginary friends would be friends you made up in your head.

I just think it'd be awkward. :blank:

Awww Rudz! Didn't know that your friends have that kind of attitude towards your virtual friends! :hug:

I think having virtual friends is cool. It teaches me that there are a lot of other ways to look into things rather than just from one direction. Your 'real life' friends tend to have quite similar way of thinking with yourself and that sometimes makes you live in a bubble. Having virtual friends open up my mind a bit more :nice:

Awww Rudz! Didn't know that your friends have that kind of attitude towards your virtual friends! :hug:

I think having virtual friends is cool. It teaches me that there are a lot of other ways to look into things rather than just from one direction. Your 'real life' friends tend to have quite similar way of thinking with yourself and that sometimes makes you live in a bubble. Having virtual friends open up my mind a bit more :nice:

True enough, Far. I don't find a problem of having virtual friends though, my friends only make things more complicated by bringing up this issue.

I think the day of my death will come first before I managed to find a friend that knows who Vampire Weekend are. :blank:

I've got quite a bit of friends from the internet but out of almost 300 friends I have on facebook, there's only 26 or so that I haven't met in real life (+ some of Coldplayers I don't have on fb). I've got plenty of friends that I've met on the internet but there was at least one meet up in real life and I've got so close to some of them that I consider them as real life friends.

Other friends don't question or judge me for that. Why would they anyway?

but I think it's just normal to be a bit shy when you are around new people...now I wonder if it's the same on here...hm

oh I can tell you in how far I am different on here: I think I don't have a problem with showing my erm "horny" side on here....:wacky:

I think I'd only do this in real life when I am like super drunk (or if I loved someone, but this is something totally different from what I mean....ah)