✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Virtual friends

rudy_o

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't like anyone irl knowing about my internet life at all :wacky:

Which is why I'd never add anyone here on facebook because I wouldn't want anyone to question me about that. :blank:

THIS.

Like, I know I'll never post a picture of myself in the "Pictures, webcams, etc" thread because I am afraid that maybe someday, someone I know in real life, will see the forum and see it.

Ha ha I'm like super paranoid about it all ! I really don't want any of my friends to be able to read what I write on here/ know I talk to complete strangers. The only person that knows about it is my mom and I don't mind because she's actually more open minded than my friends on that point.

Some of you guys have said things like "my friends know about it but they don't question it much". That's just impossible in my case. I'm really close with my friends, we tell each other everything (or at least, they think so :embarrassed:) and I know that if they knew about it they would question it much!

This situation doesn't bother me though. I like it that way. It's like this is my little secret :nice:.

THIS.

Like, I know I'll never post a picture of myself in the "Pictures, webcams, etc" thread because I am afraid that maybe someday, someone I know in real life, will see the forum and see it.

Ha ha I'm like super paranoid about it all ! I really don't want any of my friends to be able to read what I write on here/ know I talk to complete strangers. The only person that knows about it is my mom and I don't mind because she's actually more open minded than my friends on that point.

Some of you guys have said things like "my friends know about it but they don't question it much". That's just impossible in my case. I'm really close with my friends, we tell each other everything (or at least, they think so :embarrassed:) and I know that if they knew about it they would question it much!

This situation doesn't bother me though. I like it that way. It's like this is my little secret :nice:.

I'm always so afraid that someone I know in real life is reading this or that they will in the future too. D: Which is why I always delete pictures after I post them in the pictures thread.

Also, the last person I'd ever want to be reading what I post is my mom. :freak:

I say things here that I'd never say in real life. I'd feel kind of violated and embarrassed if anyone I know in real life was reading what I post here...

I'm always so afraid that someone I know in real life is reading this or that they will in the future too. D: Which is why I always delete pictures after I post them in the pictures thread.

Yeah maybe I could do that after all!

Also, the last person I'd ever want to be reading what I post is my mom. :freak:

I know it seems weird! But I don't think she would come here and spie me though. I trust her. Besides I don't say that many things here that I would be embarrassed if she read them. She knows my opinions on everything, basically. She knows my sense of humor. She knows the music I listen to (and likes it). So you know... :shrug:

I say things here that I'd never say in real life. I'd feel kind of violated and embarrassed if anyone I know in real life was reading what I post here...

That's not an issue for me. All I say here, I could say it in real life as well. I'm a very talkative person irl and I'm not shy at all !!

It's just that my friends see the whole "talking to strangers over the internet and thinking they're your friends even though you actually don't know them" in a really bad way. :disappointed:

I think real friends are just jealous about that you have many foreign friends. anyway, doesn't matter if you never met them and never will, they're still friends

this, sometimes you need friends that don't see you to help you when you feel depressed, as they bring a different vision of the problem you may have, that your real world friends can't see. or what when your friends are busy to help you? you log in msn or some social network and there's someone that listen you, which at times is the help we need, just that other human beign listen to us, even if we have never seen each other.

plus i'm sure your english (and other languages) are better than before you had that many foreign friends, plus your view of the world is different, you care more about what's going on where your friends live and so, right rudy?

meet my real world friends recently, and i see the difference about it -languages and country social-political knownedge- and for them is mostly null.

just to give you an example.

we were taking a drink at a terrace, and a british man offfered to take us a pic with my friend's camera, and they 'spoke' to him in signal way instead of words! c'mon they've been stuying english same years as me -+10 years now- how they aren't able to speak? cause they don't practice it! virtual friends give us the chance to learn for free: languages, cultures, languages, History, politics, and gives us a diferent vision of the world we live in.

My RW friends prefer to keep in our city even if they can't get as many job offers as if they move city or go abroad, their choice, their fault, i think.

plus i'm sure your english (and other languages) are better than before you had that many foreign friends, plus your view of the world is different, you care more about what's going on where your friends live and so, right rudy?

THIS. THIS. THIS.

My English will never improve if I have no foreign friends. Also, my music preferences will never be better and I'll probably stuck with Coldplay forever. :blank:

When I read the first PM that I sent to someone (it's a secret :embarrassed: ) I wonder, WHAT THE HELL DID I WRITE TO HER I SHOULD JUST COMMIT SUICIDE RATHER THAN SENDING A PM LIKE THIS D:

My English is still poor, but I can tell that at least people do understand what I'm trying to convey.

And yeah, I really concern about what's going on in the world. The best example is Chile and the earthquake, I was so worried about Lore. Also the earthquake in El Salvador, I was waiting for Carla to go online so that I will know that she's doing fine. Many more incidents, I could tell you.

Guest LiquidSky
THIS. THIS. THIS.

My English will never improve if I have no foreign friends. Also, my music preferences will never be better and I'll probably stuck with Coldplay forever. :blank:

When I read the first PM that I sent to someone (it's a secret :embarrassed: ) I wonder, WHAT THE HELL DID I WRITE TO HER I SHOULD JUST COMMIT SUICIDE RATHER THAN SENDING A PM LIKE THIS D:

My English is still poor, but I can tell that at least people do understand what I'm trying to convey.

And yeah, I really concern about what's going on in the world. The best example is Chile and the earthquake, I was so worried about Lore. Also the earthquake in El Salvador, I was waiting for Carla to go online so that I will know that she's doing fine. Many more incidents, I could tell you.

Rudzssssss!!!!!!!

How can you say that you will be stuck to Coldplay as a bad thing?!:P

hahaha it made me laugh :laugh3:

I view my virtual friends as friends because I care about them just as I care for my real friends. They take a little bit of me as I take a little bit of them :heart: True friendship is when we care about one another :hug:

Rudy, I don't think your English is poor. :nice:

For me it's like... Kind of like having virtual friends makes a difference because you know more? I mean come on, mixing with your local people doesn't give a change in views. And then over here we discuss topics like religion and stuff, back at where I live, we don't have many different views, and it's interesting to read other people's ideas about it.

I suppose someone has pitched that point of view.

And being over here, it's like my getaway from the erm, outside-the-Internet-world. I don't know how to explain it, but I just like the change of crowd. Away from others. Away from the gossips of school, away from the annoyance of friends and so on. And most of all, away from the music taste of the people I hang with in the outside-the-Internet-world.

But I suppose I'm alright with communications in the outside-the-Internet-world. I can talk to strangers or parents and stuff (I LOVE TALKING TO PARENTS, I DON'T KNOW WHY. IT'S MUCH EASIER THAN TALKING TO PEOPLE OF MY AGE). But it takes effort to put on a smile, put on a show and ask typical questions with typical answers, and sometimes I just hate going for all the social gatherings, I rather be on here.

Coldplaying has also increased my vocabulary. :blank:

Normally I Wouldn't add foreign people I Don't know , but we really get to know each other on here and I haven't been on here long and I Still feel that they are lots of people who share interests and the love for Coldplay unlike my real friends.

Coldplaying has also increased my vocabulary. :blank:

(I LOVE TALKING TO PARENTS, I DON'T KNOW WHY. IT'S MUCH EASIER THAN TALKING TO PEOPLE OF MY AGE).

OMG I LOVE TALKING TO PARENTS TOO. DOES THAT MEAN WE'RE WEIRD? :blank:

OMG I LOVE TALKING TO PARENTS TOO. DOES THAT MEAN WE'RE WEIRD? :blank:

:freak:

But it's easier than talking to their children. :blank:

And somehow it's much more interesting to talk to them. O_________O

Of foul words too. :shame:

Last few days back, one of my real-life friend asked me,

"Why do you have too many foreigners in your Facebook friends list?"

"They're my friends. I mean, yes, we have never met each other, but we have some things in common,"

"But, you don't know them, do you?"

"I don't, but, I do. It's..."

And she laughed.

I hate to have the barrier between real-life and virtual friends.

Discuss.

you don't know how many times my rl friends say exactly the same thing to me, glad to know im not alone rudz!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello :curtain:....I don't post much on this forum, so this is unusual :)

But after I read this thread I must logged in just to say that I'm very happy what you all said here and that people share the same thing around the world.

Hey for virtual people! :clap: