✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Virtual friends

rudy_o

I do have a few "foreigners" on facebook, and they are people that I "met" here. I "real-life" met them a little over a month ago. In the months before that, when I was planning the trip, my mom was so freaked out and thought I was insane, she was scared for my safety. She was like, "You met these people online? You don't know these people! And you're traveling thousands of miles to meet them? People online pretend to be something they're not, these people could be serial killers, etc...." Right mom. Sure. These serial killers spent all that time posting on here and making fake facebook accounts with hundreds of pictures of themselves that were actually somebody else just to try and trick me. Uh huh. Seriously, if I had any inclination these people weren't who they said they were, I wouldnt' have gone. I mean come on mom, I am an adult you know.

Oh ... and I will meet Anna (SueDeNimes) in less than a month. :sneaky:
Anna is awesome, trust me you'll love finally meeting her! :nice:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will meet Julia on the 29th of November. :blush:
Cool, more meet-ups taking place!

Julia, I think I saw you in the queue in Düsseldorf, but I'm not sure. :uhoh:

Were you queuing on the right entry (entering the arena from the left?)

Elena and me thought we recognised you from further away...

Oh ... and I will meet Anna (SueDeNimes) in less than a month. :sneaky:

:dance: LESS than a month!

How long did we wait to be able to say this?

264 days!

Anna is awesome, trust me you'll love finally meeting her! :nice:
:blush: :hug: So are you! :kiss:

And no, I didn't pay her to say this. :lol:

:cheesy:

Let me stay in your basement :lips:

Rudz, what part of the US are you coming to? :wacko:

Well, I've met people from the board before, and I consider Arnim (Jay Niguez) a good friend ... we've met just yesterday again and I don't really see him as an online friend.

Also I've made tons of friends online that I'm just dying to meet someday, I care about some of them as much as I care about any other friend ... I don't care that much anymore about that "it's only a person from the internet, you never really know them"-argument anymore, tbh. Maybe it's naive, but I talk to some on a daily basis and I do know them and I couldn't imagine what it would be like without them.

I've known you since you were Ekmi. :surprised:

I've always kind of "hid" my virtual friends from my "real life" friends simply by not ever mentioning them or this place. I've always done that cause I thought that my friends would think I was crazy for knowing so many people just over the internet, but tbh none of my friends have ever asked about my Coldplaying friends on Facebook (which is the only place where the two groups both are) until a few days ago when one of my friends randomly said "every time I see your profile there's always all these random people I don't know all over it." and she kind of laughed. I just told her they were people I just know from random places, people I've just met throughout my life. She bought it, and she should, cause she can't possibly expect to know all the people I know. If I saw people I didn't know on my other friends' profiles I wouldn't think it was weird.