✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Listening Party

the_gloaming09

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up for a Beatles album! Pretty much anything is good (though I have more of a preference to their latter work Help/Rubber Soul on)

So then is someone going to be doing a listening party tonight/today?

if so let me know (reply to this message or a PM) so I can change the title of the thread so more people can now

Beatles some other time then. Suggestions for tonight? I've heard Oasis and Muse. Any other suggestions?

i'll take part in it regardless, though i don't have any Muse albums.

for Oasis I wouldn't mind hearing Standing on the Shoulders of Giants (great album).

Honestly I'm pretty much up for any artist/album.

So then is someone else going to host tonight?

I don't have a clue what to suggest but as long as it's something with variety, last night the music began to feel like background music because it all runs along the same lines, and I'm not criticising it but clearly it's an album you'd have to focus on instead of chatting to other people going ooooooooooo

Haha I missed that, looks fun.

I suggest MIAs new album, though I'd probably be the only one who wants that, and to be honest I only want that because I haven't gotten around to listening to it yet.

Well I love MIA's first 2 albums, but some songs on them are pretty shit. But there's always incredible variety with her and surprises, so we wouldn't be bored that's for sure.

I don't know which song you're talking about but if it's XXXO I couldn't have agreed more, but after about 10 listens I actually quite like it. I thought it was disgusting and uber mainstream for MIA, but it's a good song.

Well I love MIA's first 2 albums, but some songs on them are pretty shit. But there's always incredible variety with her and surprises, so we wouldn't be bored that's for sure.

I don't know which song you're talking about but if it's XXXO I couldn't have agreed more, but after about 10 listens I actually quite like it. I thought it was disgusting and uber mainstream for MIA, but it's a good song.

checking now it was the song Born Free.

I haven't really listened to MIA, with the exception of Paper Planes which is great!

I like Born Free but it is difficult to get into. Paper Planes is great but if you don't like Bamboo Banga you'll never like MIA, 20 Dollar's my favourite song though.

Harrison I really doubt it, it's my suggestion but she's not a 'band' and I'd expect every album to be from a well established 'band'.

I'd agree it's overrated, but I still think it's a great song. The thing that makes it is the chorus that sounds like a playground rhyme with crisp gun shot noises, it's very distinctive. It's a bit of a gimmick.

If you break it down, it's certainly not special, but I still love listening to it.

Thanks HOTDENSESTATE, but it appears only me you and Lore are interested, and I don't know if Lore's even here now.

But more importantly there's no full stream of MIAs album, so unless a dedicated group of us actually download it like I have, I can't see it happening.

Seeming like gloaming dude isn't on tonight, I'm not going to bother hosting it.

Thanks HOTDENSESTATE, but it appears only me you and Lore are interested, and I don't know if Lore's even here now.

But more importantly there's no full stream of MIAs album, so unless a dedicated group of us actually download it like I have, I can't see it happening.

Seeming like gloaming dude isn't on tonight, I'm not going to bother hosting it.

Well we could ask stargirl girl if she's still interested. (I keep forgetting your name, stargirl girl. sorry. lolzylolz.)