✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

X&Y was wayyyy

sa_spurs_tx

overproduced as most people have said many times before. Want proof?? Listen to the KCRW gig from 2005-03-12. After hearing speed of sound over and over and then listening to the album version, I was shocked to hear how different it was... A Message from the KCRW gig is AMAZING, i love it!! Way better than the album version..Anyone else feel the same way?? Sorry if this was a bit random, I was listening to the gig and cant get over how great the songs are in a stripped down version.

Personally, I like this sound that people refer to as "overproduced." The songs sound...welll...fuller. For example, when I heard the live version of White Shadows, I was quite disappointed. It was just lacking the subtle background sound, the color that brings the soundscape of the album version to life, and makes a perfect song better. :)

Just my opinion.

Personally, I like this sound that people refer to as "overproduced." The songs sound...welll...fuller. For example, when I heard the live version of White Shadows, I was quite disappointed. It was just lacking the subtle background sound, the color that brings the soundscape of the album version to life, and makes a perfect song better. :)

Just my opinion.

I like your opinion very much :thumbsup:

I like your opinion very much :thumbsup:

I agree

i think.... coldplay did the raw organic acoustic thing with parachutes.

How different X and Y was from that is why I think it gets all this neg.

Its my FAVORITE album tho...

and I think theres a few tracks where you can still sorta hear the parachute-esc stuff

the rest of the tracks that you call "overproduced" .... I call EPIC.

i think.... coldplay did the raw organic acoustic thing with parachutes.

How different X and Y was from that is why I think it gets all this neg.

Definitely. That's one thing I absolutely love about Coldplay, each album is different. And that's a good thing! Just because one album is perfection in one person's mind doesn't mean that everyone else necessarily wants to listen to the same style repeated on later albums.

Despite claims that all Coldplay music sounds the same, there is absolutely no questioning the different styles represented in Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the Head, X&Y and Viva la Vida. Each album is its own masterpiece...only painted in different colors.

But when they come together...

Bliss.

I can't wait to see what the guys have in store for LP5!

Just my opinion.

this!

X&Y was so wonderful :wacky:

A Message and Swallowed In The Sea are two of my favorite coldplay songs.
:wacky: Me too. Although that was a relatively recent development.

I used to think X&Y was the best album. Now I lean more toward AROBTTH. I think the reason why is because after learning of the band's general displeasure with the recording process for X&Y, I almost kind of feel bad/guilty listening to it.

While I do agree that the songs from the gig sound a little different to how they sounded on the album, to me it's not because the songs were over produced. The actual sound quality of that gig was not great and it's hard to hear any sort of synths in the background as they are drowned out by the sound of the bass and drums which are overpowering.

I love X&Y. I get chills every time I hear the last lines of "A Message." Those last few seconds just blow my mind. I wouldn't really call the album "overproduced" though. I understand that argument, but I've always felt that if Coldplay put it out, then they had faith in the sound they were trying to convey. In this case, a very synthy kind of sound :D

That said, it's not my favourite album. I like the direction they took with it, but Rush is just too perfect.