September 25, 201016 yr I'm doing a statistics project for school and I decided to do mine about first week album sales of albums releases this year. I've got a list of about 20 albums, a bit more, and have been able to find information to 4 of them. Does anyone know where I can find information about first week sales for albums? I'm also keeping track of labels and chart peeking. Thanks in advance.
September 25, 201016 yr Any of these links help? http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&biw=1260&bih=583&q=album+sales+2010&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=98906b51ab5d9d97 If you're struggling let me know and I can tweet the thread :)
September 25, 201016 yr Have you tried Musicweek? http://www.musicweek.com/ Although you probably will have to pay to get access to their vast database Although you could try and get a 4 week free trial
September 25, 201016 yr Author :thinking: that sounds good, I only need it for now. A little dodgy about giving out all that information.
September 26, 201016 yr http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm look at that,its really full of info week by week and its WORLDWIDE :p
September 26, 201016 yr Author Yeah, I saw that. It's pretty handy but doesn't cover most of my list, and some of the record sales data are diffrent from other places :\
September 26, 201016 yr Well , it really depends on what you want. If you wont worldwide sales , you should check http://www.mediatraffic.de There you can see the charts of albums and singles , from now . And you can also check previous charts. That site is pretty accurate , they get the information from several charts , USA, JAPAN, UNITED KINGDOM, GERMANY, AND FRANCE WITH REAL SALES DATA. Plus like 30 other charts more than aren't that official , but certenetely help. Mediatraffic is actually VERY accurate . They also get the info from the IFPI . That is the organism that tracks international record sales. So , you should be able to trust in it . Also if you want from each country , or one in specific , you should go to Billboard.com to USA charts (they also have european charts , brazilian and some more ) , for UK charts http://www.theofficialcharts.com/albums-chart/ , and there are some more , let me know if you need them Which is the list of albums you want ? Post the list and i might get the figures . And let me tell you , albums usually drop from 50-60% in it's second week , its expected.
September 26, 201016 yr Author Here's the list... Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend (124,000?) Band Of Horses - Infinite Arms (45,000?) Broken Bells - Broken Bells Joanna Newsom - Have One On Me Gorillaz - Plastic Beach (74,000?) Arcade Fire - The Suburbs Anais Mitchell - Hadestown Susanne Sundfør - The Brothel (ca. 14,000) Frightened Rabbit - The Winter Of Mixed Drinks The Pineapple Thief - Someone Here Is Missing The Besnard Lakes - ...Are The Roaring Night Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record The Black Keys - Brothers (92,000?) Eels - End Times Eels - Tomorrow Morning Emma Pollock - The Law Of Large Numbers Deer Tick - The Black Dirt Sessions The Gaslight Anthem - American Slang (44,000?) Massive Attack - Heligoland MGMT - Congratulations (66,000+) The National - High Violet (93,000?) Røyksopp - Senior Robyn - Body Talk Part 1 LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening I Am Kloot - Sky At Night Laura Marling - I Speak Because I Can Rocky Erikcson and Okkervil River - True Love Cast Out All Evil That's the list I doodled up at memory. In reterospect it was a little optimistic. I should cut it down to half, or replace lesser known ones etc. Some of the record sales are only America, and some are worldwide. I'm going away a couple of days, I'll use the links you guys posted when I get back. Thanks all :)
Create an account or sign in to comment