✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay on X-Factor!

Arwen Evenstar

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh fuck...what the fuck... she completely fuckin' fucked it.

:\

I'm sad. I expected a girl with an incredible voice being completely into it and singing it with the same vocal line as in the original and adding all of her heart and soul to it. But...I expected to much I think.

Oh and what are actually Brian Friedman and Anthony Kaye doing ine there? :D

Oh and what are actually Brian Friedman and Anthony Kaye doing ine there? :D

Camping it up?:P

Anyway, one of the girls is potentially the best the show has ever had. She comes from Zimbabwe and her performance was amazing.

Easily better than Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke IMO.;)

As it happens, Coldplay songs are being used in the background on X Factor all the time.

On yesterday's show "Fix You" and "The Scientist" were featured as well as "Viva".

Yeh I notice this all the time, but Im not sure its a good thing because it constantly associates coldplay's songs with one of the tackiness programs of all time.

Yeh I notice this all the time, but Im not sure its a good thing because it constantly associates coldplay's songs with one of the tackiness programs of all time.

God help us if they do that coldplay episode on glee

Good thing i never watch tv.

still........ dear lord :facepalm:

facepalming isnt even enough.... a head-desk would be more appropriate.

God help us if they do that coldplay episode on glee

Good thing i never watch tv.

still........ dear lord :facepalm:

facepalming isnt even enough.... a head-desk would be more appropriate.

yeh i still cant believe they agreed to it, I dont want the mass public to like coldplay, especially if it means feeding them a dumbed down, teeny pop version of their music. arghh why do coldplay think they need to appeal to everyone! its at the expense of their real fans! Coldplay should distance themselves from pop, not try to fit in!

yeh i still cant believe they agreed to it, I dont want the mass public to like coldplay, especially if it means feeding them a dumbed down, teeny pop version of their music. arghh why do coldplay think they need to appeal to everyone! its at the expense of their real fans! Coldplay should distance themselves from pop, not try to fit in!

that is so true

:veryangry2::veryangry2::veryangry2:

That. Was God awful.

I really loathe Coldplay songs being on these kinda things like X-Factor and Idol. Now Glee?!

I like Coldplay's fans because they're loyal and smart. I don't want a bunch of teeny bopper fans ruining that. :angry:

And what is it with these sort of artists doing Coldplay covers?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4DKzMFRhEs&feature=related]YouTube - Avril Lavigne sings 'The Scientist' by Coldplay[/ame]

I had to cover my ears after 30 seconds.

dreadful. She cannot sing or rap and she is only "original" because her style is so bad nobody else would want to sound like that. I dont mean to be harsh, its just my honest opinion.

ahhahahaahah :lol:

Camping it up?:P

Oh I didn't know about it. I really don't know anything about X-factor cause we don't have any in Poland :p only Got talent.

And about the Jonas Brothers...

No, they didn't fucked up the great sound of Jonny's solo, no...they didn't fucked up the rhythmic section trying to replace the most amazing drummer (no, not Will Champion) with a random long haired guy which actually can't play the drums...no he also don't have a totally gayish voice, not at all...they didn't fucked up the choir part too! and no he didn't try to dance like Chris Martin when the drums came in.

This is one of the coldplay covers i rate, I like the use of violin but im not too keen on the repetion of the chorus to make it longer, i think coldplay got that spot on.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRND4onftd4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRND4onftd4[/ame]

Apart from this attempt i think the vast majority are pretty dire. You could argue that snow patrol cover coldplay pretty well :)

Tears streamed down my face.

THAT WAS THE WORST VIDEO EVER.

Honestly, I just need to console myself with fellow Coldplayers on how much that video made me want to puke. I thought B.O.B.'s "Not Lost" copy from Lost! was bad enough, this was TERRIBLE.

I know ...this is one aspect in which I wish they were more like Radiohead... because you know you wont ever see that Kids Bob TV Show get their hands on Creep or In Rainbows

man i wish they would say no to the right things.

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68479

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68979

The fact that he could reproduce Spanish Rain like that without sheet music is amazing. Wish I could do that!

His work is incredible, I would kill to do something like that! I reckon the most I can play is 'The Scientist' and half of 'Postcards from far away' :D