✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Nostalgia thread part III: First concert and last concert?

MrMagpie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another thread that I really like! :thumbsup:

First concert: Ringo Starr & His All Star Band (included Peter Frampton and Jack Bruce [of Cream]) at Jones Beach Theater in Long Island... back in June of 1997, when I was just a wee lad of 8.

Last Concert: Broken Social Scene (The Sea and Cake Openers)... 9/18/2010

Bonus: All Points West Festival 2008 (Radiohead, Grizzly Bear, Andrew Bird)... my parents would often treat me to concerts, especially since we never traveled.

edit Awesome thread Briggs!

oh god this is going to date me but im quite proud of it

My first concert was Elton John in Central Parkin 1980 "FRONT ROW BABY" of course, my aunt was insane about Elton so its in my blood

My last concert was Arcade Fire at MSG in August

My next concert is Muse in October at Nassau Col

an my first paid concert was Squeeze in Jersey out door festival , dont remember much of it

edit Awesome thread Briggs!

oh god this is going to date me but im quite proud of it

My first concert was Elton John in Central Parkin 1980 "FRONT ROW BABY" of course, my aunt was insane about Elton so its in my blood

My last concert was Arcade Fire at MSG in August

an my first paid concert was Squeeze in Jersey out door festival , dont remember much of it

Christa! You're probably as old as I am! LOL :laugh3::o

Well, I'm going for the title "Oldest Forumite"

First concert: The Monkees (yes, those guys from the silly U.S. TV show)

Last concert: Lady Gaga just last week.

Next concert: Interpol in November (2nd row, baby!)

Can't remember the first one I paid for.

Edit* First show was Grand Old Opry with my family on vacation in 1968 but can't remember who was there.

First Real Concert: Led Zeppelin March 1, 1975 in New Orleans, my brother took me. First time I saw people smoking dope. I'm pretty sure I got a contact high. :laugh3: (That's right kids, I've been going to concerts longer than you all have been alive! :P )

First Concert I paid for myself: KISS in Lake Charles, Louisiana on Dec 6, 1979. My accounting teacher asked me if I was a Satan worshiper because everyone knows KISS stands for Kings in Satan's Service. I told her yes and she almost fainted. :lol: Three classes later when I got to my drafting class, my friend had written "Hail Satan" on my drafting table.

Last Concert: Kings of Leon Sept. 23, 2010 first row baby! (as Christa would say :P )

Next concert: Vampire Weekend Oct. 7, 2010 (Rudy will be jealous :smug: )

Well, I'm going for the title "Oldest Forumite"

First concert: The Monkees (yes, those guys from the silly U.S. TV show)

Last concert: Lady Gaga just last week.

Next concert: Interpol in November (2nd row, baby!)

Can't remember the first one I paid for.

Pink, you can join Christa and me in the "Mature Coldplayer Fanclub." Along with a few other boardies I know who are, um, of advanced age.

Diane did your parents have an 8-track player? [/color]

You know it! In the Ford station wagon, no less! Personally, I never had an 8-track player, but I did have my tape recorder that I would record songs off the radio on. I would sit by the radio for hours until my favorite songs would come on and then I'd rush to hit the record button. LOL The very first mix-tapes.

Edit* First show was Grand Old Opry with my family on vacation in 1968 but can't remember who was there.

First Real Concert: Led Zeppelin March 1, 1975 in New Orleans, my brother took me. First time I saw people smoking dope. I'm pretty sure I got a contact high. :laugh3: (That's right kids, I've been going to concerts longer than you all have been alive! :P )

First Concert I paid for myself: KISS in Lake Charles, Louisiana on Dec 6, 1979. My accounting teacher asked me if I was a Satan worshiper because everyone knows KISS stands for Kings in Satan's Service. I told her yes and she almost fainted. :lol: Three classes later when I got to my drafting class, my friend had written "Hail Satan" on my drafting table.

Last Concert: Kings of Leon Sept. 23, 2010 first row baby! (as Christa would say :P )

Led Zeppelin?

I'm soooo jealous! :D :P

Good grief, Angie, I didn't think you were older than me! ;)