✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Nostalgia thread part III: First concert and last concert?

MrMagpie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First show: U2 (May 12, 2005, United Center, Chicago, IL)

Last show: The Black Keys / Kings of Leon (September 3, 2010, Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN)

**First Coldplay show: March 19, 2006 (Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI)

**Last Coldplay show: July 25, 2009 (Verizon Wireless Music Center, Alpine Valley, WI)

Pink, you can join Christa and me in the "Mature Coldplayer Fanclub." Along with a few other boardies I know who are, um, of advanced age.

It will be a club I'd be proud to join! :) Since we're getting all nostalgic for our teenybopper years, do you ladies remember The Cowsills? I went out and got my first little job so I could afford to plaster my walls with 16 Magazine & Teen Beat covers. :laugh3:

You know it! In the Ford station wagon, no less! Personally, I never had an 8-track player, but I did have my tape recorder that I would record songs off the radio on. I would sit by the radio for hours until my favorite songs would come on and then I'd rush to hit the record button. LOL The very first mix-tapes.

Yes, so funny! I was once in a record store (years ago) and there were 2 youngun going through the racks and I hear one say to the other, "Oh look, Paul McCartney was in another group before Wings." :stunned:

Yes, so funny! I was once in a record store (years ago) and there were 2 youngun going through the racks and I hear one say to the other, "Oh look, Paul McCartney was in another group before Wings." :stunned:
Did you go out to your car and get the tire iron and come back in and beat them to death? I would have.

My first concert was a french band called Manau in 1998.

My last concert was Leonard Cohen 2 weeks ago.

The first concert I paid for with my own money was Cirkus.

Next concert is next week : The Legendary Tigerman

Is it the portuguese Lengendary Tigerman? :lol:

First: Tiffany (I was in 5th grade, so maybe 1987?)

Last: Lady Gaga (Sept 7th)

Next: Muse (Oct 24th!!)

First paid for: A local radio station festival in 1994, Performers included James, Henry Rollins, Violent Femmes, Counting Crows, Toad the Wet Sprocket & Cracker.

I think I may be eligible to join the older people club too!

I was working to sell beer in stand, raised money ( association for the children)

First - the british Suede (almost nobody in 1999 from

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygHrqRx7Abg]Suede - Head Music - electricity[/ame]

the arena swiss Rock Oz Arène)

I had a VIP, but I've been seeing backstage because, guitarist disturbed me with his guitar almost in front .

last - Travis (Montreux Jazz ) strange but all concerts are strange anyway :dozey:

First concerts: several free concerts in our local park in the 1970s with people you might not have heard of.. Thin Lizzy, Mungo Jerry, Hawkwind, Pink Fairies, Atomic Rooster, 10cc, Arthur Brown, Judas Priest, Fairport Convention ,The Damned, The Bay City Rollers (eeek)

First concert that I paid for Roxy Music 1973 Finsbury Park Rainbow London

Last Concert Ash summer this year just down the road!

I'm seeing Roxy Music again next February so have come full circle with Bryan now a pensioner :lol:

My first concert ever was Red Hot Chilli Peppers, back in 2003 :) and last one ... Pearl Jam at Optimus Alive!10 festival :)

Bonus. I cant clearly remeber what was the gig i paid with my own money.. think i always did with my money, always had to save money from parents and that :) then i started to work and now i spend almost all my salary in gigs :laugh4:

My first concert was a french band called Manau in 1998.

My last concert was Leonard Cohen 2 weeks ago.

The first concert I paid for with my own money was Cirkus.

Next concert is next week : The Legendary Tigerman

Sorry for dp... but :|

Do you know Tigerman??? where are u seeing him?? :|