✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Did I just hear Life in Technicolour at the Conservative's conference?

Long Live Life

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keane?

haha coldplay may not be happy, Keane certainly weren't but they should because I think David Cameron is great.

Where / when was Keane music used?

I noted also Viva La Vida (played by the BBC in the run up to Ed Milliband's speech at the Labour conference).

Viva La Vida is becoming synonymous with political programmes isn't it?

Where / when was Keane music used?

I noted also Viva La Vida (played by the BBC in the run up to Ed Milliband's speech at the Labour conference).

Viva La Vida is becoming synonymous with political programmes isn't it?

Yeh you're right, it is, and the xfactor etc.. I believe Keane's music was used in the run up to the general election for the conservative party, the song was "everybody's changing" lol.

Guest Osaka Sun
Did I just hear Life In Technicolour at the Conservative Party conference in the warm-up video for David Cameron?

How times have changed!

That's not a good sign. :inquisitive:

Because conservatives in general don't give a crap about the welfare of the poor and hard-working?

Not true. Stereotypically yes, but the same cannot be said of David Cameron's Party. They are all about fairness. They have just got rid of Child Benefit for those earning £44,000 or more because its unfair that poor should have to pay towards the benefits of the rich.

Not true. Stereotypically yes, but the same cannot be said of David Cameron's Party. They are all about fairness. They have just got rid of Child Benefit for those earning £44,000 or more because its unfair that poor should have to pay towards the benefits of the rich.

LOL - I didn't think something I noticed at the conference would turn into a political debate (I've been following all the conferences this year for various reasons ).

However, I do agree with that policy - rich people should not get state support for their kids.

It's funny everyone in the UK's been complaining about 2-party politics for years. Now that we have genuine 3-party politics people are complaining about that too :rolleyes:

I have high hopes for this coaltion: let it be judged by the state of fairness and poverty in 5 years time. One thing is for sure: the gap between rich and poor widened in the last 13 years from a party supposedly championing the poor but spent its time obsessed with the mega-rich.

but not for familiies with two earners earning £43,999 each! What's fair about that!

Sarah Palin should not have been allowed anywhere near a political platform. I still find her rise shocking.[/color]

The same here. If she had become Vice President, and the President had died then she would have become President. :wreck:

Sarah Palin should not have been allowed anywhere near a political platform. I still find her rise shocking.

Palin shouldn't be allowed near other human beings, I find the fact that she isn't in a mental assylum yet shocking :dozey:

The same here. If she had become Vice President, and the President had died then she would have become President. :wreck:

Restated fact has been restated lol.

But yeah I know

Thats why I was so adimately against Mc Cain getting elected

I think what happened with me happened with a lot of people.... they saw the running mate and went "FUCK NO!" and sided with Obama.... whom Chris was rooting for btw.

I have no opinion Obama right now. :shrug:

Guest Osaka Sun
Sarah Palin should not have been allowed anywhere near a political platform. I still find her rise shocking.

Now that's something that I agree with you upon. :P

Sarah Palin and her Tea Party wackjobs is really scary shit. And the fact that such a group is trying to form in Canada...:worried2: