✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Did I just hear Life in Technicolour at the Conservative's conference?

Long Live Life

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's something that I agree with you upon. :P

Sarah Palin and her Tea Party wackjobs is really scary shit. And the fact that such a group is trying to form in Canada...:worried2:

Yeh glad we agree :) just so you know, I wanted Obama to win, Im not right wing or anything, the republicans are nothing like the current Conservatives in the UK.

I watched CBS news last night tho, Its a shame that public favour seems to be down a little for Obama.

Yeh glad we agree :) just so you know, I wanted Obama to win, Im not right wing or anything, the republicans are nothing like the current Conservatives in the UK.

I watched CBS news last night tho, Its a shame that public favour seems to be down a little for Obama.

I agree with Chris (not Chris :) ) Martin. The Conservatives are nothing like the Republicans in the US (thank God!) .

An independent studies of parties and their policies rated them on how left/ right wing they are (back in 2009 I think) based on policies like taxation, abortion, gun control, gay rights, etc. In it, the UK Conservatives were placed to the left of the US Democrats (a party Chris has been known to support).

It also does not suprise me that David Cameron has gone into partnership with the Liberal party here. This would never happen in the US.

Over the last 20 years, the Republicans have become more and more right wing in the US, whilst the Coservatives more and more left wing.

Guest Osaka Sun
There is bias in all media.

This is true, however members of the media industry are obliged to keep their data as unbiased and fair as possible. I'm taking Journalism as my university major, and it's literally a golden rule.

It really makes me wonder, then, why Fox News still exists after spewing blatant lies, hate, intolerance, hypocrisy and fear-mongering for decades. I love their excuse - to try and avoid "political correctness."

I feel so embarassed for being part-American sometimes. :facepalm:

Is it that bad in the UK?

i may hate David Cameron coz he made fun of my country and forgot abt the problems we Pakistanis face coz of west's war on terror (or rather war of terror) but i think Britain needs a leader who is straight talking and tough like him.

What did Cameron say? I heard he said that Pakistan should be tougher on extremists but I do not recall him "making fun"?? It is fantasically ignorant to say that the west are responsible for a war of terror, Sadam Hussain is responsible along with the Taliban.

What did Cameron say? I heard he said that Pakistan should be tougher on extremists but I do not recall him "making fun"?? It is fantasically ignorant to say that the west are responsible for a war of terror, Sadam Hussain is responsible along with the Taliban.

see you are defending him that's why british ppl need him:rolleyes:.

i like him and he's so cute :wink3:

see you are defending him that's why british ppl need him:rolleyes:.

i like him and he's so cute :wink3:

Well not everyone likes him as much as I do but yeh, you're right, we do need a figurehead that isnt a target of negative headlines.

Im glad you like him, do you follow british affairs closely then?

and also what did he say about Pakistan that offended you?!!

i love world politics and how policies in one country affects everyone, even if they dont want things changed.

and go and Google coz i don't have the time to find articles and links for you.

but i like Cameron coz he is young and free of any shadows at the moment and says wht he feels like whc helps ppl to know where they stand with Britain and for Britain

i love world politics and how policies in one country affects everyone, even if they dont want things changed.

and go and Google coz i don't have the time to find articles and links for you.

but i like Cameron coz he is young and free of any shadows at the moment and says wht he feels like whc helps ppl to know where they stand with Britain and for Britain

Yes I very much agree, thats one of the reasons I admire him, because he knows what he wants to do and is just getting his head down and actually running the country. Also, incase you are not aware, when he went to Pakistan he spoke of a possible new special relationship, like the one with America but with Pakistan, I thought this was great news. Was this well known in Pakistan?

we Pakistani are really protective of our country and dont like ppl saying anything abt it but we love making fun of ourselves :rolleyes:

and yes the Pakistani media didn't want ppl hating both America and Britain so they tried clearing up his mess.